Home

NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #9
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Official NBA Live 2009 Post Patch Discussion

Free throws are WAYYY too easy now. Why there isn't a slider to adjust FT difficulty is beyond me...
Old 11-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #10
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Went back to All-star and default slider since the patch. Played 1 game against the Nets (Lakers) and totally destroyed them, so I guess it was pretty accurate, lol. We shot too high tho (57%). I'm gonna try and play the game from last week with the Suns and see how it pans out before I go back to super star and tweak sliders. I love this game tho. Hey Live guys you should try to upate the shoe colors in your 365 update as well. Some teams where white on the road now.
This is being changed my man each week. You're talking about the NETS right?

that's going to be updated this week.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #11
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsubenvis
So I got the PS3 patch last week in that small period of time that it was posted early...I have started Live up today and it didnt say anything about an update...am I good? Or do I need to delete some file to get the correct patch? It seems patched, but I read that it was "premature"...
You're good my man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Birthday Boy
The game is sick now, and the most realistic basketball game there is. No more cheap dunking or anything, the blocking is great, it's a lot smoother and all your shots you have to earn. Anyone who likes basketball would enjoy it now.
I agree, the game is great. Only thing I've noticed is online play there is a serious delay still. Maybe it was just the game i played but it wasnt like playing offline at all. Offline the game is so sweet now though. ive played 3 games today and i'm very pleased.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 14

One question. I noticed the new basket physics and the rims are breakaway rims now with new sound effects? But how come in the academy when dunking it will bend sometimes but then it wont for a good period of time? I noticed the new physics and then i couldnt get it to do it anymore when messing around in the academy. It was sweet when it was working though... It was so like the real thing.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:03 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

YESSS....NBA LIVE 365 NOW UPDATED...Seriously though, the game has made drastic improvements !! I love the fact teams can play with appropriate accessories.

However, I've yet to see any Injuries, before and post the patch. Has anybody ever seen a player injury ?
Old 11-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #15
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
This is being changed my man each week. You're talking about the NETS right?

that's going to be updated this week.
Thanx . Is there anyway the Pistons or the Mavericks can be fixed? It's great how you guys have stayed up to date each week. It makes you want to play the game even more just to see what's changed. Great job this year.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 11-26-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

First impressions. Im truly disappointed. Here are my quick thoughts after my first game post patch. I will post more in depth later after i get a full night of playing in.

Pro's
____
- Blocking animations are quicker
- nets seem more active

Con's
____
- easier FT's? WHY, they were way too easy in the first place.
Everyone now has like 8 bars. Its pointless to even tap to distract. I proved to my friend I can close my eyes and still make it with Detroits crappiest FT shooters. I havent seen anyone miss one yet.
- Where did the defense go? Fastbreaks are now easier than ever. And the big man cheese is unstoppable.
- Animations are a being sucked in all over the place. I burn a defender, then all of a sudden they warp back in front of me.
- nets seem more active(yes this is a pro/con) Now they get stuck on the rim and stay that way all game.
- Superstars like kobe and lebron just "ignore" the defender and go "through" the defender. this happened pre-patch, but now is much worse.
- Did i mention how terrible the defense was now?

Anyways, now im going to go play some more, and pray i get proved wrong. If this truly is the final patch, which to me has made the game unplayable, Im done with this game.

EDIT: Note that my experiences are all online. I dont play offline and really dont care to. So if devs are going to sacrifice online play for the offline crowd, ill spend my money elsewhere. I also think that if you think what makes a good game is what color of shoes or headband each player is wearing then you might as well just watch basketball on tv. Gameplay is what makes a game. And this patch so far is a huge step back in overall gameplay online.

Last edited by bison160; 11-26-2008 at 05:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »