Home

NBA 2K9 Patch Released For 360/PS3, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Patch Released For 360/PS3, Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #17
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K9 Post Patch Impressions

Probably because you have to wait until tomorrow to get the patch. It looks like 360 owners only, today.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Oh I see, thx
Old 12-02-2008, 04:01 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysco13
I agree Born with your "user tendency" theory, accept that it was not me scoring all the points in the paint, etc. it was the computer AI......I have played the 2K series since it first came out and NEVER have I seen more of a "get the ball into the lane for the closest shot possible" than what I do from the computer AI (there is NOTHING you can truly do about it, especially after the patch) I just wish I had not downloaded the patch and could've kept the game the way I had it. The best playing game the way it was??, no.......but at least I was having fun while playing with the sliders and the game was competitive and somewhat sim....not now..

First of all I have tried to explain this before. In 2k9 you have to say in front of the offensive person. The KEY on positioning is to watch the offensive persons head movement or shoulders. You can not let the offensive player get a clean look at the basket.

If you watch the offensive player they make a lot of head movements. If they are facing one direction but you are facing another direction then this is considered an uncontested jumper. You do not have to play lock down defense but it helps you to keep your head lined up with the offensive players head. (this is basically squaring up with the offensive player) Now other things come into play like; ratings, size, distance.

Do not expect to lock down superstars or quick players all the time. They make a lot of subtle head fakes to get that clear line of sight at the basket.

You will know when you are playing properly because you will NOT have to jump at jumpers and they will take bad shot, have shot clock violations, be forced away from the paint, commit more unforced turn overs and etc.

Before anyone come in and slaps this down I play on default or superstar with no slider adjustments. I can keep the cpu under 48%, most point guards under 6 assist per game and points in the paint range from mid 20's to low 30's. I play on 7 minute quarters and this style of play works on the online cheesers that use Kobe, James, TMac etc abusers with a double team from time to time to keep them from getting hot.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #20
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysco13
I agree Born with your "user tendency" theory, accept that it was not me scoring all the points in the paint, etc. it was the computer AI......I have played the 2K series since it first came out and NEVER have I seen more of a "get the ball into the lane for the closest shot possible" than what I do from the computer AI (there is NOTHING you can truly do about it, especially after the patch) I just wish I had not downloaded the patch and could've kept the game the way I had it. The best playing game the way it was??, no.......but at least I was having fun while playing with the sliders and the game was competitive and somewhat sim....not now..
Defensive user tendencies have a more drastic effect on AI than offensive tendencies.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #21
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I just got it and I'm playing a game right now with thefuture420's sliders. So far one thing I noticed was that I deflected a pass and Q-Rich picked up the ball about 3 feet behind the 3 point line and took off in the opposite direction (with Nate running beside him) and I had enough time to give it up to nate and still finish and the CPU didn't chase me down.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 25

Stats at the half. Knicks are shooting 12\32 37%FG 5/12 41%3P 5\6FT

12 points in the paint

Blazers(me) 22\34 64%FG 3\7 42%3P 2\3 FT

24 points in the paint 8 fastbreak pionts

34 - 49 Blazers lead
Old 12-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

The CPU will still hit a high % if you can't play D. I was played tight D, and was getting a 45-48% clip for both user and CPU. Much better than the 58-65% before patch. I mean, if you just let the CPU go into the lane without contest, well, expect a score.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #24
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

anyone tried to run a 5-on-5 yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »