Home

SportSims Online Fantasy Football Review

This is a discussion on SportSims Online Fantasy Football Review within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
SportSims Online Fantasy Football Review

SOCOM: Confrontation. That may be an odd way to start off a review about an online football text sim, but if you have played Confrontation then you may understand my point when I get to it. For those of you that have not played it, SOCOM: Confrontation is a Playstation 3 squad-based objective-driven military shooter.

Do not yawn. The difference is that you are chatting with the players on your squad. Plus, when you have stuck your hand in a pile of goo that was once your teammate’s virtual self, you build a camaraderie, start discussing strategies and develop teamwork.

Read More - SimSports Online Fantasy Football Review
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
I love this game too. The website is SportSims.net. (NOTE: The headline for the review has a typo: It should read SportSims.)
Old 12-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
I have played this game for a while and it really rocks! I get my football fix in just 15 minutes a day. I use the Draft Plan and sometimes make my first draft pick manually. It only takes me 10 minutes to set up my Draft Plan and Hot List. The stats are dead on realistic and the career league stuff is very very good (Injures retirements etc). The game plan stuff came from Dave Holt's old MicroSports football game and to date it is the best way to coach when you can't be there. The Support on this site is very friendly and helpful. I like a feature that is called QuickSim it lets you see the results of your game unfold drive by drive and you control the speed of the results by hitting the next button...sometimes the results really hurt...lol The players are based on NFL Players and really reflect their abilities. Each night the games are simmed and you can see your results the next morning. The Chat Room is really good. I saw a screen shot of the animation (X's and O's) and it looks to match up with the rest of the game. My only complaint is I wish it was ready now but I know it is being worked on.

MyDog is bigger than your Dog...Go Georgia!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:36 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10
The game is GREAT. I have been playing for over a year and am still having a blast! Went from an up and coming contender to a Threepeat to the veteran looking for his next title. It never gets old! And it being FREE makes it better. I posted about this a while back and hope those who read this review try the game out!
Old 12-14-2008, 12:03 AM   #5
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: SportSims Online Fantasy Football Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by marq
The game is GREAT. I have been playing for over a year and am still having a blast! Went from an up and coming contender to a Threepeat to the veteran looking for his next title. It never gets old! And it being FREE makes it better. I posted about this a while back and hope those who read this review try the game out!

I just started a week ago. I won the Pittsburgh team in the Guardian league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #6
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

Well, you guys sold me on it. I just signed up a few hours ago for a team in a league that has a draft tomorrow. Lo and behold, three hours later I have finally closed the game for the night. Spent the whole time scouting my team, scouting the prospects for tomorrow's draft, putting together my hot list, and planning what type of offense/defense my team looks built to run. If this is any indication, I'm probably gonna be hooked.

I'm planning on doing the draft live tomorrow as I sit around watching football on TV.

I'm Chicago in the Gallant league. Middle of the pack last season, but they look to have some potential if I can put together a good draft.
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up
Old 12-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'm in First, NIPL and Hue City Leagues (yes, I obviously have a serious addiction problem!). My First league is drafting today too. That is SO much fun!!! Hope to see everyone there.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #8
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

This game is addictive. I know the review said that the actual games were boring, but I enjoy planning my team's tendencies and such for every game based on my players and my opponent's players.

I just had my first game last night, and won in OT. Awesome stuff. My QB threw for over 500 yards, 240 of which to my up-and-coming stud receiver. The team I picked doesn't have any talent in the backfield(21 carries, 15 yards...that's my starting HB after week 1 :X) and I didn't have a high enough pick to nab a good HB, so I have a really wide-open passing attack.

Only downfall of the first week was two major injuries. I don't think I fully understand training camp yet, so I probably overworked some guys.
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »