Home

Midnight Club: Los Angeles Update Available

This is a discussion on Midnight Club: Los Angeles Update Available within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #9
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Midnight Club: Los Angeles Update Available

Awesome. Thanks for informing me of this, Steve.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 12-19-2008, 02:03 AM   #10
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

so how's the cpu ai AFTER the patch? is the cpu challenging due to rubber-band ai or excellent driving? I played motorstrom2, while I loved the driving mechanics, the racing kinda sucked because of the over the top catch up logic? how is it in Midnight club....I wanna feel like if i'm learning the tracks it translates into results rather than the cpu re-adjusting and catching up basically rendering learning the game useless.

Thanks for all the responses.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:11 AM   #11
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

The game is definitely different after the patch is installed. I have fallen very far behind after a few bad crashes and in time have caught up in a realistic manner.

I think it plays a lot better after the patch.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2008, 04:45 AM   #12
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
The game is definitely different after the patch is installed. I have fallen very far behind after a few bad crashes and in time have caught up in a realistic manner.

I think it plays a lot better after the patch.
so what are you trying to say here? caught up not by rubber-band or by realistic mistake-free driving ? I am sick of rubber-band, it really destroys racing games IMO. What about the cpu when they're chasing you ? if you're in the lead and do even better in the next stretch of the race, will you gain on the cpu drivers or will they suddenly be on your tail again?

Sorry for the repetitive nature of my questions, but after being so disappointed by motorstrom2, I really have to be careful with racing games today. At least there will be Race Pro, and that shouldn't have any catch up logic whatso-ever.

But it'd be nice if an arcade game has at least the option of having rubber-band or not. Oh by the way, does MC:LA have a replay feature after you've finished your races?

Last edited by phillyfan23; 12-19-2008 at 05:06 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #13
Rookie

jms493's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
so what are you trying to say here? caught up not by rubber-band or by realistic mistake-free driving ? I am sick of rubber-band, it really destroys racing games IMO. What about the cpu when they're chasing you ? if you're in the lead and do even better in the next stretch of the race, will you gain on the cpu drivers or will they suddenly be on your tail again?

Sorry for the repetitive nature of my questions, but after being so disappointed by motorstrom2, I really have to be careful with racing games today. At least there will be Race Pro, and that shouldn't have any catch up logic whatso-ever.

But it'd be nice if an arcade game has at least the option of having rubber-band or not. Oh by the way, does MC:LA have a replay feature after you've finished your races?
there is always GRID......and DIRT 2 will be coming out in 2009.

If they are smart they will make a GRID 2.........game is tits!

by replay do mean restart?? Or instant Replay??
Old 12-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #14
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493
there is always GRID......and DIRT 2 will be coming out in 2009.

If they are smart they will make a GRID 2.........game is tits!

by replay do mean restart?? Or instant Replay??

I loved Grid....played it from day 1 thru the summer....another racer which doesn't have rubber-band...and it's an arcade too..

I mean instant replay
Old 12-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #15
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

You know, I got this game 2 days ago, and have been playing it non-stop and I am pleasantly surprised. I was worried that the cpu just depended on rubberband logic to win races and the user as well ala motorstorm 2. But, it is pretty clear that it isn't the case for this game. If you learn the tracks and do well , you have a great chance to win races!! What a novel idea

I've tried from green races ( cpu crashes more and don't take many shortcuts) to red races ( cpu is near perfect and takes most shortcuts).....

It's really really tough to win those red races but when the cpu wins it doesn't feel cheap at all, it's just they're that much better and you have to race near perfect as well which the user will after lots of practice.

I think the level of difficulty is good for this game......I can see playing this game for months and months especially with the DLC coming up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #16
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
Yeah, the rubber band effect is no longer an issue. I have gotten some pretty monstrous leads before and held them until my own poor driving allowed the AI to catch up.
It makes me sad
I post the frog

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »