Home

MLB 09 The Show Padrecast

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Padrecast within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
MLB 09 The Show Padrecast

Pasta Padre and OS's Chase Becotte, have teamed up on the latest Padrecast, as they talk about the MLB 09 The Show fact sheet.

Quote:
"It’s the return of the Padrecast! After doing a handful of them last year I wasn’t really satisfied with what I was able to offer on my own. The idea though is to have a shorter, more focused discussion that is unedited and just presented as-is. I’m joined by my OS Waiver Wire co-host Chase Becotte in what should be a continuing series of them. It’s a change of pace from the normal show we would do."

Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Padrecast: MLB 09 The Show Fact Sheet!

I dunno if there should even be a debate as to whether or not it is "innovating enough". If it is doing all the things right, and improving on all the things wrong... then clearly that is enough IMO.

Really, what in sports games, especially baseball, is needed in order to "innovate"?

Most of the things they add are expected, rather than "innovation". Other than maybe, EA with the online part of the CAP for NHL '09.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 47

That hurt Chase? You don't care about my road to the show guy? That does hurts.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I dunno if there should even be a debate as to whether or not it is "innovating enough". If it is doing all the things right, and improving on all the things wrong... then clearly that is enough IMO.

Really, what in sports games, especially baseball, is needed in order to "innovate"?

Most of the things they add are expected, rather than "innovation". Other than maybe, EA with the online part of the CAP for NHL '09.
Better lighting and a field that gets worn is a big step to me.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 60

Well, there's just the same speculation going on that we have here on the boards. "What does it mean, what will it do" kind of stuff. For example they were talking about on-line play, but said that nothing was mentioned about how crappy on-line games can be. Well, SCEA isn't going to say "we fixed the crappy on-line play" in their first release of info regarding the game.

It was good talk, but have heard most of that stuff here so far.

Biggest thing to me....did they fix many of the game play bugs/glitches? For a sim fan, and not a casual gamer, this is big stuff. Sliders that work....ooooooooooh, yeah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 29

Not much new here, They seem to believe RTTS 3.0 will be just like last years except the training. If thats the case I wont particularly care for it, as padre mentioned the baserunning was atrociously boaring.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #7
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
Not much new here, They seem to believe RTTS 3.0 will be just like last years except the training. If thats the case I wont particularly care for it, as padre mentioned the baserunning was atrociously boaring.

It was addressed that the base-running was fixed for RttS, but what the fixes were we do not know.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Better lighting and a field that gets worn is a big step to me.

Yes, I think that is awesome too. But not "innovative", since it was done in games past. Madden's and 2K baseball.

My argument was, a game doesn't HAVE to have anything INNOVATIVE, especially when it is the best damn baseball game PERIOD.

All they have to do IMO, is fix bugs and glitches, improve on what needs to be improved on (by added what we expect in the game), and keep the presentation fresh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »