Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Review

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Review within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #17
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18
You barely hit on Master League in this review, thats the bread and butter of gameplay, **** online and become a legend.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:57 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant0n
You sure? Because Fifa has some faces that are pretty good as does PES. The thing Pes is hindered by is because it's graphics engine does not have enough texture like the faces in FIFA. It's why the faces in pes really look like pictures pasted on a maniquin. The thing PES has over PES is the kits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P12Bn1IdVI
Some look better on PES and some on FIFA. Look at Deco and Terry.
Yeah I've seen the video before and have both games. IMHO I think the faces in PES look better.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:01 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5
As good as FIFA is, PES is simply the better game for playing with friends. The simple controls, fast gameplay, and distinctions between athletes provides immediate gratification. It's sad they can't get their online working properly.

Also, they ought to implement a server to allow players exchange option files.

I agree they have fallen behind on the graphics, but if they would just fix a couple things and improve the master's league, I would go back to PES for the gameplay.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:06 AM   #20
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

personally PES gets the off the field stuff (ML, active transfer market, subs, bench usage etc) right or close to satisfying the hardcore gamer.......

this makes it appealing to the guys fed up with the lack of immersion that MM has in fifa, MM is so broken the devs would tell you they have not played a game in it since 2003.

both games have their pros & cons, i picked it up even though i dont like it on next gen to see if it got better (IMO) and its the same to me..............
Old 01-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint19
Yeah I've seen the video before and have both games. IMHO I think the faces in PES look better.
Right now I agree the majority look better. EA have still not gotten the hang of the face texturing. By next year I think there will be a lot more faces looking like Deco.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

For me, the ML is the difference. It is such a unique franchise experience compared to all other sports games. Sure, it has its flaws, but since WE came out here in the US, I have been addicted the ML mode.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:42 AM   #23
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Played at a buddies house. He really enjoys the game. For me, the controls were arkward and the graphics are have a dated look.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #24
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

"the CPU on the opposing team always reacts faster to loose balls than your own teammates, which can be very frustrating."

Uhh, no offense, but has the reviewer played Fifa?

PES dominates that other game offline. That score seems really, really low, but it doesn't matter to me. PES is spinning in my 360 now, and that other game got sold back to EB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »