Home

Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part I)

This is a discussion on Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part I) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2009, 11:57 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part I)

HOW COULD ANYONE FORGET THOSE RAVENS IN MADDEN 2000....or maybe 2001!!!!!!!!

i forget which madden exactly but the madden after their superbowl win the RAVENS WERE RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honorable Mentions:

Patriots - Madden 2002( the year after that first Brady win. i may have gotten the year wrong)

Patriots - Madden 2008 (That offense was outrageous!!!)

Celtics and/or Lakers - NBA 2K8 (both teams have officially been deemed ILLEGAL) I wrote my congressman about them and he agreed!!!!

as of this writing: Orlando Magic/Cleveland Cavaliers/Los Angeles Lakers - NBA2K9 - with live updates these teams are Championship ready today. tomorrow may be different.

also...it may just be me but: Oakland Raiders Madden 09 - I just CANNOT lose with this team. They have all the right people. I lost many games to them so "if you cant beat'em join'em". I have destroyed teams all year with the Raiders including Cowboys, Chargers, Patriots,Colts, Steelers. I beat the best teams repeatedly and BADLY. I even try to use those teams against Raiders and it is really not recommended.

In real life they are trash but they are a Madden Monster.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #18
Rookie

ALSO A FUTURE PREDICTION:

MIKE TYSON - Fight Night Round 4- I just know he is gonna have Flash Knockouts like every other hit. With his first entry into the FN series I know he will be hooked up with attributes since they are using the Tyson in his prime and not the ear biting face tattooed one that lost his last 5 or 6 fights in a row. I am glad Mike is in the game and I will definitely use him but I have already braced myself for the inevitable Tyson vs. Tyson matchups that will be fought in every other ring across virtual arenas aound the world.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Tecmo Bowl:

BO JACKSON
LAWRENCE TAYLOR

And i maybe mistaken but Wayne Haddix? on the Bucs in Techmo Super Bowl was a freak of ridiculous nature.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Haddix

Old 01-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #20
Rookie

i just love this thread so much. I have one last honorable mention and I will stop:

Dallas Cowboys - Madden 09(straight out of the box NO roster updates)

That team was not going to be beaten by ANYONE!!!! I'm sorry. they were Super Bowl ready right out of the box. That was a much different team than the one we see now WITH roster upates. Thank god for technology!!! If this was a few generations ago we would still have to deal with jerks picking the Super Bowl ready Cowboys even though they didnt even make the playoffs.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #21
Rookie

this is really my last comment:

I love all of the teams mentioned in this thread and it brought back alot of controller throwing, punching, biting(yes i bit my NES controller at moments of murderous rage) memories.

I feel that the worst thing about these teams was NOT the fact that the players had crazy attributes or completed impossible shots, catches, saves, or goals. The worst part wan't always the fact that you LOST to these teams. The worst thing about all of these teams was that the person using them HONESTLY THOUGHT THEY WERE ACTUALLY GOOD AT THE GAME AND THE TEAM HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have great memories of that same jerk using a non-illegal team and getting scraped up, dominated and ran out of the gym or off the field when i handed down my own brand of virtual JUSTICE to these cheaters!!!

Last edited by UNOTREDE; 01-22-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #22
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I disagree, hence why I put them at #24. The team had quick guards, Iverson was unstoppable, and if you played Geiger, Mutumbo and DC in your frontcourt, you would dominate any team you played.

Keep in mind guys- this is only #25-16, there are 15 more teams on the list ;-)
But they weren't even one of the top 5 teams ON PAPER in the NBA that year. This is a favoritism nomination
Old 01-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #23
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkelly78
Tecmo Bowl:

BO JACKSON
LAWRENCE TAYLOR

And i maybe mistaken but Wayne Haddix? on the Bucs in Techmo Super Bowl was a freak of ridiculous nature.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Haddix
Wow I just realized DC what did you do before you could edit rosters?

I can testify to beastiness of Wayne Haddix on Tecmo Super Bowl
Old 01-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Rams in Madden will be coming I assume.

NFL 2K1 Tampa Bay is a maybe.

You had to know the TB playbook and anticipate where Dunn was going to go. Keyshawn was a beast. There wasn't really a great way to attack the Defense either, solid everywhere.

#25 Minnesota Vikings (NFL 2K)

I don't remember them being that far and away the best. The 49ers had the better scramble QB with Young and top 2 WRs were just a tiny worse with Owens and Rice plus they had JJ Stokes who was an 85 overall. Also Hearst was a good RB.

For baseball teams it is hard cause really you think more of a season and not 1 game.

1 that might make my list is the N64 Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr Mariners.

Randy Johnson hitting his peak on the mound, NEARLY twice as many K's and hits givin' up, and the 3 main sluggers. A-Rod, Edgar and Griffey. Also Jay Buhner 40 HRs and Paul Sorrento hit 30 HRs the year before so he was likely good, can't remember. Being a Braves fan I had some tough matches when my brother picked them.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »