Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Feature List

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Feature List within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #9
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Getting info in a matter of minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKermit
I'm really excited they're leaving in the Swing Stick. I thought they were going to revert to button-pushing with the addition of zone hitting. I've always thought aiming with the left thumbstick and swinging with the right would be the ideal system, and it sounds like that's what they're doing.

I'm also interested to hear more about the "Living Rosters" feature. Does that mean rosters will update in our franchises to stay up-to-date with the actual rosters? That would be pretty sweet.

Also interesting is the "MLB.com presentation." Someone else mentioned that it would be nice if they'd update player pictures when guys get traded. It looks like there's a deal in place with MLB.com, which I would assume would make it much easier for them to do little things like that.
-Definitely agree that zone hitting coupled with the swing stick would be the ultimate hitting mechanic...and it does indeed seem that's what they're going after. Simply awesome!

-I would guess (and this is only conjecture on my part) that the living rosters will just be more detailed and frequent front end roster updates...likely not in franchise.

The reason being that if I move a guy to the Red Sox in my franchise, but he actually moves to the Phillies in reality, then what? It would be tough to get right, I would think.

In that same vein, what could be done (I would guess) is allow for updates like the pictures, signature style adjustments, etc. be allowed in franchise. That way, if you started early, but that "unnamed" minor leaguer gets updated, it could show in your franchise. I dunno, just a though.

-As for the MLB.com stuff, I'm really hoping it adds some really in-depth presentation like analysis, cut-scenes, reprots, etc.

We'll see
Old 01-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Impressive, cut out the fluff, focus on it being a good baseball game.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 01-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Living Rosters & 2K Share...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #12
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

2k9 is gonna kick @**!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
-I would guess (and this is only conjecture on my part) that the living rosters will just be more detailed and frequent front end roster updates...likely not in franchise.

The reason being that if I move a guy to the Red Sox in my franchise, but he actually moves to the Phillies in reality, then what? It would be tough to get right, I would think.
I agree. The only way I could think of doing it is basically having a toggle option for your Franchise. Living Rosters: ON/OFF. If you put them on, you can't make trades, etc., and it follows the actual MLB transactions (maybe weekly updates?) no matter where you are in your season. If you turn them off, it's just like a normal franchise.

Pure speculation on my part. It's probably far closer to what you're saying with updating guys who enter the MLBPA, etc.

- Mike Royko
Old 01-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #14
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKermit
I agree. The only way I could think of doing it is basically having a toggle option for your Franchise. Living Rosters: ON/OFF. If you put them on, you can't make trades, etc., and it follows the actual MLB transactions (maybe weekly updates?) no matter where you are in your season. If you turn them off, it's just like a normal franchise.

Pure speculation on my part. It's probably far closer to what you're saying with updating guys who enter the MLBPA, etc.
There's a fly in the ointment with something like that though, especially when concerning the off-season. How is it we handle any sort of movement in the off-season? What if we cut a guy, then the next day they do their updates and low and behold he magically comes back on our team? What if a player retires at the end of a real season and right when you're in the middle of your playoff run his disappearance affects your team for the worse? What if a rookie is drafted and the guy never existed in your farm system to begin with, or he wasn't a part of your plans and they send down a guy you've had in your starting lineup?

With all of this said, unless you're not permitted to progress past the real life date, injuries are somehow disabled (left for real life injures I suppose), and you stay on the same starting rotation as real life... I don't see this as being a possibility, and never really understood how people wanted such a feature. Isn't being a GM or owner all about making the franchise run the way you want it?

Funny thing, though... I don't know how many times the real life trades and signings that I made had become a reality. Funny how I think the way that a GM does.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 2

i would thing the living rosters thing doesn't effect your franchise once you've started it. just like old roster updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 14

not sure if i'm co-ordinated enough to aim with my L stick and swing with the R but i'll give it a try.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »