Home

Madden Challenge 2009: Crowning the World's Best Madden Player

This is a discussion on Madden Challenge 2009: Crowning the World's Best Madden Player within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2009, 08:50 AM   #9
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden Challenge 2009: Crowning the World's Best Madden Player

"These are the elite of the elite Madden gamers. The guys who find the glitches that change the game within hours of it shipping to stores. The guys who found the bug in the Tampa offense where you can directly snap it to a receiver out wide and run down the field before anyone knows what happened. The guys who found the way to block every field goal by moving the defensive linemen around in a certain order that allows one of them to shoot free to swat the rock. The guys who figured out that this year's game was all about two plays: The fullback dive and the curl route."

That right there is everything that is wrong with Madden online and why Madden Nation is a joke. If that type of play is what it takes to be an "Elite (LMAO) Madden Gamer" I want no part of it. Next year the should rename it Cheese Nation.

"I rely on the running game," Captain says. "If I need to pass, I'll pass, but I don't think anyone can stop my run. I run Twin Tight End with Marion Barber as my fullback and Felix Jones as my halfback. I run my tight end in motion, then I lead block with him and try to crush block for a big hole after I pitch the ball to Jones. Then I switch to the fullback dive and try to do the same thing by pounding it with Barber. You add a pass out of that same formation and it's pretty unstoppable.
"The Cowboys are just unstoppable overall. I hate the Cowboys in real life, but they have everything you need in the game. They have the big defenders who can stop the rocket catch and knock the ball loose, and for your offense you have a mobile quarterback, Terrell Owens who is one of the best receivers in the game, Witten who is just a beast, and Martellus Bennett who is just like a glitch in the game because when you use him for a rocket catch, that guy can jump out of the world."

Spoken like a true cheeser, makes me sick. the very reason why I refuse to play people who use the cowboys on line. Most overrated team in the history of video game football.

I was going to go pre- order Madden 2010 today but this article has opened my eys a bit. If EA has no problem with , and actually promotes this type of gameplay, that right there tells me Madden 2010 may be a game I will not want to play.

Last edited by JMD; 01-23-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #10
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Ian, I hope you read this.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #11
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
PURE GARBAGE......ONE THING IM HAPPY OF THO PPL ARE FINALLY NOTICING ON HOW HORRIBLE MADDEN GAMEPLAY IS....CHEESER HAVE SPREAD LIKE BUTTER ALL ACROSS THE NATION AND EA GLADLY APPROVES.......CLEAN UP ON AISLE COMMON SENSE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #12
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
OH YEA IAN PROLLY WONT MAKE HIS WAY OVER TO THIS.....TO BUSY FINDING NEW WAYS TO PUT A HOLE IN OUR POCKETS
Old 01-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #13
Life is short Pray hard!

Sundropjunkie's Arena

OVR: 12

Wow i cant believe people play madden like that! To me playing madden like that would be boring very boring. imo heck and i don't even have madden 09 yet. But i will and i can PROMISE that i won't be doing none of that GARBAGE!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 39

Yuck..I can't stand this.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
"These are the elite of the elite Madden gamers. The guys who find the glitches that change the game within hours of it shipping to stores. The guys who found the bug in the Tampa offense where you can directly snap it to a receiver out wide and run down the field before anyone knows what happened. The guys who found the way to block every field goal by moving the defensive linemen around in a certain order that allows one of them to shoot free to swat the rock. The guys who figured out that this year's game was all about two plays: The fullback dive and the curl route."

That right there is everything that is wrong with Madden online and why Madden Nation is a joke. If that type of play is what it takes to be an "Elite (LMAO) Madden Gamer" I want no part of it. Next year the should rename it Cheese Nation.

"I rely on the running game," Captain says. "If I need to pass, I'll pass, but I don't think anyone can stop my run. I run Twin Tight End with Marion Barber as my fullback and Felix Jones as my halfback. I run my tight end in motion, then I lead block with him and try to crush block for a big hole after I pitch the ball to Jones. Then I switch to the fullback dive and try to do the same thing by pounding it with Barber. You add a pass out of that same formation and it's pretty unstoppable.
"The Cowboys are just unstoppable overall. I hate the Cowboys in real life, but they have everything you need in the game. They have the big defenders who can stop the rocket catch and knock the ball loose, and for your offense you have a mobile quarterback, Terrell Owens who is one of the best receivers in the game, Witten who is just a beast, and Martellus Bennett who is just like a glitch in the game because when you use him for a rocket catch, that guy can jump out of the world."

Spoken like a true cheeser, makes me sick. the very reason why I refuse to play people who use the cowboys on line. Most overrated team in the history of video game football.

I was going to go pre- order Madden 2010 today but this article has opened my eys a bit. If EA has no problem with , and actually promotes this type of gameplay, that right there tells me Madden 2010 may be a game I will not want to play.
not only does EA not have a problem with it. not only do they promote it, they pay these people massive amounts of Money. which is ridiculous. Take madden out of the equation and it gets really sickening. There are people laid off, hurting badly and these idiots are getting 25K gift cards to best buy to put a plasma in every room. They get this for playing madden, and admiteddly cheating at Madden. its not talent, its not skill, its essentially cheating and whatever moron makes a mistake 1st loses and the other guy gets paid. I am ashamed that i am in the same breed and same country as these people man. I served in the army for 8 years and went to school and work my *** off and I have to look at this crap, I cant even play a decent NFL videogame. the heck with this crap, I need a break cause Im about to go slap the crap out of the next kid I see with an NFL jersey on and a sideways hat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #16

LL-Cool-P's Arena

OVR: 18

You gotta remember that we (sim players) are the minority.

And $50,000 for playing video games is ridiculous.

- Back like I never left -

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »