Home

Interview With MLB 09: The Show Online Producer Jason Villa

This is a discussion on Interview With MLB 09: The Show Online Producer Jason Villa within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Interview With MLB 09: The Show Online Producer Jason Villa

I don't really ever play online, sooo this really does not appeal to me....
Old 01-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #18
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundastreetz
theres ALWAYS gonna be lag when it comes to sports games unfortunately..The only sports game I have played online that was identical to the offline game was NBA 2K6 for xbox 360. What I want to know about MLB 09 The Show's online play is if the user has the ability to choose his own pitching and batting cameras. I like to pitch from the pitcher camera, but 08 doesnt let me pick my own camera view..
That does not seem like an acceptable answer to me. Plus, I do not think that is necessarily true.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #19
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

hmmm no mention of all out customizabilty, meaning each person choosing aids, camera angles etc etc. if they can ever make t his completey customizable for each player il be on board but until then i cant play online with the big boys!! lol
Old 01-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #20
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

OVR: 10

Internet lag? That's their excuse for why games played by people not even 10 miles apart are laggy...it's because of "internet lag"? That's not acceptable. Why didn't he just say they don't know why it's laggy and at least be honest? Why not get into a peer2peer hosted game versus a server hosted game?

The "quit in the first inning" rule is funny. First, it's never mentioned anywhere, and 2nd, doing so almost guarantees you a crappy rating as people love to rate you a 1 star for quitting in the first. And why can you bring in starters now? What is that fixing? maybe if they game goes into extra innings, but why should anyone be able to bring in starter after starter?

It's all just a little too vague for me. I'm not going to hold my breath that this year's experience will be much better.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #21
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

OVR: 18
I sit and hope...and wonder if it is really fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan118
Internet lag? That's their excuse for why games played by people not even 10 miles apart are laggy...it's because of "internet lag"? That's not acceptable. Why didn't he just say they don't know why it's laggy and at least be honest? Why not get into a peer2peer hosted game versus a server hosted game?

The "quit in the first inning" rule is funny. First, it's never mentioned anywhere, and 2nd, doing so almost guarantees you a crappy rating as people love to rate you a 1 star for quitting in the first. And why can you bring in starters now? What is that fixing? maybe if they game goes into extra innings, but why should anyone be able to bring in starter after starter?

It's all just a little too vague for me. I'm not going to hold my breath that this year's experience will be much better.
He said bringing in starters from the pen has been removed Mr over reaction

I'd give you a 1 of 10 on your latest comment if i could
Old 01-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #23
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 29
lame, I believe its still going to be "meh" fix the lag, baseball is timing if you cant fix it scrap it out.
well see what happends but this doesnt seem like good news, at least SCEA was straight up with us though I commend them for that

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »