Home

MLB 09 The Show Preview (Gamespy)

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Preview (Gamespy) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #17
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 09 The Show Preview (Gamespy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
And there's our answer of how batting practice is going to be implemented - as a part of RTTS. Cool - it'll be nice to have some substance to the training instead of just selecting points in a menu.
Yep...
I always thought it should be this way.
There should be some constants...such as speed....that doesn't really drastically change....but you could have something such as baserunning be a skill that can be improved upon.

Sounds like a move in the right direction.

I for one am glad to hear things like "MLB The ShowXX is not much different from XX...but rather improved upon in this and that"
To hear that...with the way the game already is...makes me VERY happy.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

I for one am glad to hear things like "MLB The ShowXX is not much different from XX...but rather improved upon in this and that"
To hear that...with the way the game already is...makes me VERY happy.

M.K.
Knight165
I'm having a feeling that addicted baseball gamers are going to see a TON of subtle stuff that's been changed, more so than what this previewer saw. Maybe these addicts will see this in, oh, say, FIVE DAYS TIME!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Re: the Batting Practice being RTTS-related - I figure I'd better add on an "If the preview info is correct" clause since I see Kolbe around and because I don't want to be responsible for the second misunderstanding/jump to conclusion today.

If you don't mind my asking, is the basic way of improving the RTTS character (the points thing) still there?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 26

I never understood, how anyone after an hour or two, can state as fact nothing changed much from this last year to this years game. With that limited amount of time should be prefaced by a disclaimer. I like what I'm hearing and I do feel as a "The show" vet, it is going to suffer from "sameness" that may take some luster of the title, it happens to all sports games because these games don't change much from year to year.

SCEA San Diego, please make an attempt at analog throwing like 2k, it should be a traded off, they implemented your base running technique, the least they could do is give in return. Don't go after that pitching thing, I like my games easily accessible.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I never understood, how anyone after an hour or two, can state as fact nothing changed much from this last year to this years game. With that limited amount of time should be prefaced by a disclaimer. I like what I'm hearing and I do feel as a "The show" vet, it is going to suffer from "sameness" that may take some luster of the title, it happens to all sports games because these games don't change much from year to year.

SCEA San Diego, please make an attempt at analog throwing like 2k, it should be a traded off, they implemented your base running technique, the least they could do is give in return. Don't go after that pitching thing, I like my games easily accessible.
analog throwing? N0 Thanks

If by chance it is ever added it better just be an option and not the default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #22
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

They should just change the name of this game so people stop thinking that just because it features the year in the title that it has to be drastically changed every year

I vote for....

MLB "The Show"
.... Featuring the most authentic 2009 baseball experience available

What do you think SCEA ??
Old 01-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 6

i am loving that the Show has only made minor tweaks to last years game. Solid gameplay (which is already there) and the minor things you sometimes dont notice is what makes this game so good. I have never been so excited to hear that a game is not making ground breaking changes. 2K use to do that every year since 2K4...and every year the game got worse. If it aint broke dont overhaul it. If it is broke take it slow. I like SCEA approach.

To copy anything from 2K is ********...would anyone ask the Phillies to copy what the Pirates are doing. That wouldnt make sense. I dont want analog throwing, analog pitching and please GOD NO SWING STICK.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #24

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickisBack
To copy anything from 2K is ********...would anyone ask the Phillies to copy what the Pirates are doing.
This is a pretty naive statement. The Pirates don't do a whole lot the right way but I am certain that they have some players the Phillies or any other team would love to have...

I happen to agree with you on analog, but to say taking something from them if they do it right is ******** is a very poor statement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »