Home

WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Preview

This is a discussion on WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Preview within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Preview

The '09 year appears to have a special treat in store for wrestling-game fans, or does it?

This March, THQ will unveil the first of two WWE titles for the '09 calendar year, WWE Legends of Wrestlemania. The release will come right before Wrestlemania XXV, and will feature a (currently unannounced) roster of classic WWE superstars. Apart from being an obvious marketing vehicle for the Wrestlemania pay-per-view itself, LoW will likely appeal to those older wrestling fans, as it will be laced with an intoxicating dose of nostalgia.

As always, *sniff* I am not important enough to have gotten a hands-on sneak peek at what WWE LoW has to offer. However, having bludgeoned myself with online research, I am prepared to present you with the preliminary details, as well as my always-cynical opinions and speculations.

Read More - WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Preview
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
You hit the nail right on the head, Will! I completely agree with you. The SD! series has been terrible since 2006 and I have NOT bought the game since '06. I'm very big on creating a wrestler and going through my own story mode. Not some glorified exhibition mode called "Career Mode". The commentary should have been done by Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse Ventura. I was totally surprised to see the Ultimate Warrior in the game but I still don't see the Macho Man in the game because of his falling out with Vince. That a big void right there because Savage plays a huge role in the history of Mania. Anyone that doesn't want to relive the greatness of Savage/Steamboat has to be a fool.

I'm glad that the face buttons as action buttons are back. That right analog BS HAS TO GO! Whereas 07 gave you a choice between classic controls and new controls, 08 & 09 leave you with no choice at all. Which is nonsense. Eliminating a person's choice can turn off many people. The SD! series has become stale and it shows. Sales for the 09 version was 22% lower than last year's.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21
Gorilla Monsoon is dead.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Dprimetime21's Arena

OVR: 6
if it has a caw it then this game could be great. cause whatever legends aren't in it u could create. i'm wondering what type of matches they will have? it would be cool if it has the match types like smackdown vrs raw.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7
I know that Gorilla Monsoon is dead. Since when does that stop the use of technology to integrate his voice in a game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9
SD has NOT bben 'terrible'(swifty) the last few years..It just has not progressed with other sports games.....This 'game' should have just been part of SD, or $20 of DC.....As it is, RIPOFF!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
Tiger Country

johnny4LSU's Arena

OVR: 8
i agree macho man should def me in this game, i mean true savage and vince have and drama and thats prolly why hes not in the game but vince and warrior have had drama . i mean didnt warrior have a lawsuit against wwe and wasnt the warrior the one at summerslam when he teamed with hogan to go against the iron sheik and slaughter and their manager.. didnt warrior point a GUN at vince in the lockerroom because he wanted more money for the match and he got it? point is if warrior can be in this game macho man randy savage should def be in this game because he def has more history the the ultimate warrior or as sg slaughter once said and i qoute the ultimate puke LOL
Old 01-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 29
ultimate warrior is in the game! just a little FYI

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »