Home

Fight Night Round 4 Producers Answer Community Questions

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Producers Answer Community Questions within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #17
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Producers Answer Community Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Sounds good, but..

...damn! I got excited after reading the first yes. I wonder how they're handling breaks. I wonder if they improved clinching.
The Ref being in there is not necessary, at all. Evander Holyfield boxing had breaks without a ref and it worked fine.

So far these guys are batting 1.000 in my book. Im hoping the A.I. is top notch. If they do man i'd play this game forever!

Money how are you a hypocrite for wanting multiple belts? its never been given to us here in the U.S.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
The Ref being in there is not necessary, at all. Evander Holyfield boxing had breaks without a ref and it worked fine.

So far these guys are batting 1.000 in my book. Im hoping the A.I. is top notch. If they do man i'd play this game forever!

Money how are you a hypocrite for wanting multiple belts? its never been given to us here in the U.S.
LOL! I'm a hypocrite because I LOATHE multiple belts in real life. But I'm one of the first people to complain if multiple belts in boxing video games are absent.

The aspects of multiple champions in real life are so annoying to me, but I think they'd be incredibly fun/realistic in a video game. Dodging fighters, hiding behind mandatories - or the opposite; getting stripped of a belt because you want to fight another champion, having guys duck you when you're trying to unify.

What I'd really like to see is a boxing game that made you think before taking or seeking fights.
I want it so not everyone is so willing to dive into a tilt with a monster of an opponent. There should be consequences to losing on the biggest stage. Maybe you won't get another shot at the title? Maybe your promotor or manager will dump you? etc.
Or the consequences of losses should very on how you lost.
If you lose to a top 10 contender via split decision in only your 11th fight, then there should be little impact in taking an "L".
But if you are a ranked contender and you get destroyed by a no-name, then it should have the adverse affect.
Cunningham losing to Adamek was much different from Tommy Morrison losing to Michael Bentt.

Last edited by Money99; 01-27-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:06 AM   #19
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

don't get ahead of yourselves guys. fight night has had 'multiple belts' before. Amature, Intercontinental, and world - so before it's confirmed that there are diff. organizations...

just saying.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

Again boxing remains ages behind other games. Not having a referee in the ring is as glaring if not more so then a baseball game not having a home plate umpire. what is this sega genesis?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolmaddenfanz27
Again boxing remains ages behind other games. Not having a referee in the ring is as glaring if not more so then a baseball game not having a home plate umpire. what is this sega genesis?
A homeplate umpire stands behind the catcher and doesn't get in anyone's way. A boxing ref has to have his own AI and move based on the movements of the boxers. I'd rather not have a ref in the ring than have one get in my way when I've got my opponent on the rope or trying to escape. As long as the ref is shown during breaks, counts, etc, I'm fine with that. Concentrate on the boxing sim first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
A homeplate umpire stands behind the catcher and doesn't get in anyone's way. A boxing ref has to have his own AI and move based on the movements of the boxers. I'd rather not have a ref in the ring than have one get in my way when I've got my opponent on the rope or trying to escape. As long as the ref is shown during breaks, counts, etc, I'm fine with that. Concentrate on the boxing sim first.
I agree.
I understand why people want a ref in the game - to add to the realism. And I'm sure EA has probably looked at this.

But if it means less time concentrating on the gameplay or other important features I can live with the limited role the developers have given the ref for Round 4.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolmaddenfanz27
Who ****ing cares? I would rather have high detailed fighters and a good framerate than a ref who adds nothing to the action and lowers the visual quality of the game.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #24
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Who ****ing cares? I would rather have high detailed fighters and a good framerate than a ref who adds nothing to the action and lowers the visual quality of the game.
I dunno bro, it'd be sweet to knockout the ref every now & then

Last edited by Motown; 01-28-2009 at 11:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »