Home

Don King Boxing Announced and Trailer Released

This is a discussion on Don King Boxing Announced and Trailer Released within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
Don King Boxing Announced and Trailer Released

2K Sports, the sports publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that Don King Boxing will be available March 31st, 2009 for Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo and Nintendo DS™. Don King Boxing provides a revolutionary boxing experience for Wii via accurate controls, a unique story mode, an exhilarating multiplayer system, and implementation of the Wii Balance Board*. The game for both platforms is rated T for Teen by the ESRB.

“Don King Boxing has been specifically designed to take advantage of everything the Wii and DS have to offer,” said Christoph Hartmann, 2K president. “We worked closely with Nintendo to make Don King Boxing a unique experience, especially using the Wii Balance Board. It is great for those who love boxing or those who just want a fun way to get some exercise.”

Developed by 2K China, Don King Boxing allows players to fight with or against over 20 licensed boxers in real venues like Madison Square Garden, Boardwalk Hall, and Trump Taj Majal. Players will experience what it’s like to be a real boxer as they throw jabs, hooks, and uppercuts with both hands all while ducking and dodging blows on the Wii Balance Board.

To get in shape, 2K Sports worked closely with Don King and his staff to design a Boxercise portion of the game that mimics the routines used by real boxers. The training program isn’t just for the human player; it also helps to improve your boxer’s skills for the next match in the game.

"Don King Boxing is not your prototypical boxing game," Don King said. "What we have done here is truly innovative and provocative. Our goal with 2K Sports was to create realistic motions that most closely resemble the actual training regimens of prizefighters for maximum results."

King added, "We've created our best set of real-life boxing exercises ever for Don King Boxing. It wouldn't surprise me if a future world champion was introduced to the sport through this game. This is where you can get the skills that make for thrills."

For more information about Don King Boxing, log onto http://www.2ksports.com/games/donkingboxing.

*The Wii Balance Board provides additional experiences for the game but is not required for play. Wii Balance Board sold separately with Wii Fit.
Platform: NDS / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Don King Boxing (Wii version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I was told it was developed by VC.

http://www.2ksports.com/videos/new/donkingboxing/

The trailer
I'm laughing because you made sure you posted, I was told it was developed by VC. It was developed by 2K China. I don't think 2k wants to touch this game or sport at all...LOL! I might get it for my son, because I'm training him how to box.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

That woman's feet scare the hell out of me. Is her feet the final boss character?
Old 01-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
I'm laughing because you made sure you posted, I was told it was developed by VC. It was developed by 2K China. I don't think 2k wants to touch this game or sport at all...LOL! I might get it for my son, because I'm training him how to box.
well. PF lackd serious polish. I thought the game was fine but it just wasnt polished at all. Iknow 2k closed down that studio right after or just cut them off and they had no choice but to close.

I am thinking of getting it for my nephew, but he goes to boxing class like 5 days a week, so he may n ot want to see more boxing lol
Old 01-30-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Don King Boxing Announced and Trailer Released

2k embarrased themselves with that boxing title. I was expecting alot more from them. Shame on 2k for that one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2009, 01:03 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
well. PF lackd serious polish. I thought the game was fine but it just wasnt polished at all. Iknow 2k closed down that studio right after or just cut them off and they had no choice but to close.

I am thinking of getting it for my nephew, but he goes to boxing class like 5 days a week, so he may n ot want to see more boxing lol
every movement in slow mo to go with unresponsive controls fine?
Old 01-31-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolmaddenfanz27
every movement in slow mo to go with unresponsive controls fine?
Eh, i didnt think it was that slow mo. I think it was a fair speed and it actually let human reactions for a game be decent. I played it quite a bit online and if you know what you were doing, you can throw together some awesome combo's. To me speed was fine. like i said, it did lack tons of polish. Its all in the past though as that studio is nomore.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
Wii version looks dope. Seems like they took their time and made the right steps to correct the garbage that was PF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »