Home

MLB 2K9 Media Update (Gamespot, IGN)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Media Update (Gamespot, IGN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2009, 06:06 PM   #25
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: MLB 2K9 Media Update (Gamespot, IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Wait you mean the same "in game footage" video where it shows Lincecum releasing the ball, and then the ball quickly changing direction? It showed it on 2 parts of his pitches on that video.

The thing is it was the same exact problem in 2k8, and even Ron admitted that it was an issue but he said "it won't affect your gameplay." Cmon now...
If it was a problem in 2k8, then I'm not going to worry about it. I never noticed it while playing...but I realize that other people may notice it, but I'm just glad I didn't. I do notice it on the close up, but just during normal play it wasn't visible to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2009, 06:06 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't see what the big deal is about PS2 screens being released. If we saw PS2 pics or video before PS3/360 I could see reason to complain.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:39 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
If it was a problem in 2k8, then I'm not going to worry about it. I never noticed it while playing...but I realize that other people may notice it, but I'm just glad I didn't. I do notice it on the close up, but just during normal play it wasn't visible to me.
Same here. I never noticed it in MLB 2K8, and to be honest, I have hard time seeing it now.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

Seriously, I agree that it looked wrong...but is that all you are going to mention? It's one short video trailer. If it's so horrible to you, why not just move on?
Well we've only seen 1 video so far so thats all I have to base it on. Granted the game looks good, but thats what some of us are here to critique both the good ..and the bad.

And yes I have said some good things about the video as well. I'm not the devil bro.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:16 PM   #29

OVR: 34

Quote:
Wait you mean the same "in game footage" video where it shows Lincecum releasing the ball, and then the ball quickly changing direction? It showed it on 2 parts of his pitches on that video.

The thing is it was the same exact problem in 2k8, and even Ron admitted that it was an issue but he said "it won't affect your gameplay." Cmon now...
Seriously, do you play the game that zoomed in and notice these things? There's a ton of stuff going on that doesn't go on in an MLB game but you just haven't noticed it yet. If these are the things you put your energy into, you will continually be let down and will never find satisfaction.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:25 PM   #30
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Well we've only seen 1 video so far so thats all I have to base it on. Granted the game looks good, but thats what some of us are here to critique both the good ..and the bad.

And yes I have said some good things about the video as well. I'm not the devil bro.

lol...never called you the devil. Believe it or not I'm a level headed person. I also never said you have to comment on the good vs bad. I agree with the original point you made. It could be a concern.

What you're doing with the small bit of info though is beating it to death. Wasn't it you who also created the "man look at how horrible this is in 2K" thread over in The Show forum too? I think that particular horse is sufficiently punished

All I'm saying is you made you're point numerous times and people have responded (most in agreement actually, though with varying levels of concern for the issue). There's nothing gained from constantly going back to it. To continue on could be considered trolling. Not saying that's your intention...just pointing it out.

Peace
Old 02-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 28
I am actually kind of encouraged. The vid for the next-gen consoles looks much improved over last year's game. The jury is still out in regards to frame rate.

I own both systems and I hope 2K bounces back with a solid game. The Show, for me, is a must buy but I would like nothing better than two baseball games in my library.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3
u guys are so dumb the citifield walls are going to be green not blue i would know and look at the pic of citi not the virtural tour

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »