Home

MLB 09 The Show Community Preview Report #2 (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Community Preview Report #2 (Pasta Padre) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2009, 07:03 PM   #17
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: PastaPadre's "Community Preview Report #2" Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Wow, The REDS #10?
Somebodies on the pipe. I can't see anything higher than 20, and that's being extremely optimistic. If we go .500 this year, there should be a ticker-tape parade.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:23 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: PastaPadre's "Community Preview Report #2" Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Somebodies on the pipe. I can't see anything higher than 20, and that's being extremely optimistic. If we go .500 this year, there should be a ticker-tape parade.
Castellini said they're a contender this year.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:16 PM   #19
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 09 The Show Community Preview Report #2 (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Users can draw walks if they are patient. Seemed to happen a little more frequently than last year. Wearing pitchers down and working the count is critical to success.
That's all well and good, but I don't think drawing walks has been the issue. It's been issuing them and having a good overall K/BB ratio.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:08 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
That's all well and good, but I don't think drawing walks has been the issue. It's been issuing them and having a good overall K/BB ratio.
Just curious how you pitch. I pitch CLASSIC, all aids off, no ball marker, no strike zone, nada. When previewing the game I used Daniel Cabrera and the Nats. The first four pitches I threw to the opposing batter in the game were balls, four straight. The balls definitely have greater breaks this year and are much more realistic looking than last.

Now, if you're one of those players who has the strikezone on, tries pin pointing your pitches with the ball marker, I'm just guessing that you're gonna throw a lot more strikes. Not saying that's how you do it, just sayin'.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why are you going to put the reds at number 10, hek if there going to be ranked that then the pirates should be number 11.. just joking....go cards..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #22
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

I use the meter and have the strike zone on. I find that with it off, I try to be too fine and get hammered. Now I'm not saying that I don;t get walks, but using a pitcher with almost bottomed out control, I only average a little over 3 walks a game. Not awful, but I never get that sense of just not being able to find the strike zone and have never come close to having that occasional game where I may walk 8 or 9. I'd just like to see the whole spectrum where I may have games of not walking anyone, games where I may walk 10 and everything in between. If I'm using a team of pitchers with average control, I should be at about 3.5 walks a game and if I'm using a team of pitchers with crappy control, I would average well over 4 a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »