Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Diary - Part 1 (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Diary - Part 1 (ESPN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Major League Baseball 2K9 Diary - Part 1 (ESPN)

ESPN has posted part 1 of their Major League Baseball 2K9 diary.

Quote:
"First thing I notice when I enter franchise mode is how clean it looks. MLB 2K9 is being developed by Visual Concepts this year and they brought over the guy who built NBA 2K9's Association mode to make things right for baseball. And if you've played NBA at all, you'll feel right at home as MLB 2K9's Franchise was built from the ground up, adding and improving on things gamers have already praised from the NBA title. The game now features stats-based player progression where younger players no longer improve by just sitting on the bench. You actually need to work them into the lineup if you want to see them get better over time."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 02-05-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: JRob Franchise Diary Part 1 is up..

"I start the game on the mound with Lincecum and after two strikes, Mike Cameron bloops a single into right field. Cameron then takes off and steals both second and third base in the next two pitches. Wow, the computer sure is playing aggressive. I like it."

Awesome!!!

Also sounds like the hit variety is much improved with a lot more singles.

And it sounds like the framerate is very close to being what it should be:

"The other thing I notice about the game right off the bat is that the majority of frame-rate issues have been solved. The bugs are still being worked out of the preview copy I'm playing, so there is still the occasional hitch when the ball is hit into the outfield and the game will slow down like 2K8, but producer Jeff Thomas pretty much guarantees that the issues will be solved and that the game will run at a smooth 60 frames-per-second when it's released."

This is cool:

"Prince Fielder is up to bat next and when he fouls the ball into the crowd, about ten people in the crowd all jump out of their seats and try to catch the ball. Pretty sweet visual and it's little touches like this that really help add to the atmosphere of the game."

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-05-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

"I start the game on the mound with Lincecum and after two strikes, Mike Cameron bloops a single into right field. Cameron then takes off and steals both second and third base in the next two pitches. Wow, the computer sure is playing aggressive. I like it."

"Prince Fielder is up to bat next and when he fouls the ball into the crowd, about ten people in the crowd all jump out of their seats and try to catch the ball. Pretty sweet visual and it's little touches like this that really help add to the atmosphere of the game."

I swear this game is like a bad relationship. One day im ready to call it quits and the next I feel like I want to give it another chance.

Atleast this relationship only costs me $60 a year
Old 02-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5

Well, either this game has turned it around and is great or this guy just really knows how to tell a good story. haha He almost has me sold. And that was game 1!

Good thing I have both systems and will more than likely by both games. Don't ask me why, I hardly have the time to play one of them.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Cool, we get to see what the menus sort of like too... Hmm, anyone else think the graphics in those screen shots look a little "funny"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Those menus look pretty good...

The screenshot of the Giants player catching the ball looks like it's from the Wii or something though.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
. Cameron then takes off and steals both second and third base in the next two pitches.
Man, we get no stolen bases last year, so to make up for it this year, every one steals every base they can.

Of course I'm being sarcastic here, but thought it was funny...I can picture 2K developers saying "You wanted stolen bases, we're going to shove them down your throat"
Old 02-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

man, I hope that the title image is not an actual screen capture of the game. That looks horrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »