Home

MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions

If I used baseball terms to describe last year's MLB: The Show, I would say it was a solidly hit ball that drove in a few runs.

After playing the demo for MLB 09: The Show, I think the term I might use to describe this year's game is walk-off grand slam.

Now, this is a demo, and I know that, but the stage is set for what might be the best sports game to come around in quite some time. There are lingering questions, such as how the stat engine will work and how good the Franchise mode improvements are, among other things.

However, make no mistake about it, this game will be money -- pure, unlimited, beautiful money.

Read More - MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions

Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Nice write up!! I have only played the demo once. I feel the fielding is definately tighter. There was a moment where I had the infield in last night. Longoria hit a HOT SHOT up at Rollins. Rollins made a stab at it but came up empty. That wouldnt have happened last year. I thought the lighting looked very well, player models looked good, commentary was good, crowds looked even better than last year. Looking forward to the full version.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
sweet!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5
I think you are right on the hitting improvements. I noticed that I am ahead on almost every pitch and I played over 400 games of MLB 08.

Last edited by bengtc; 02-06-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10
This is a beautiful game.

Seriously, 2K - give up the exclusive license. Give is all a chance to play this magnificent game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions

Sorry to burst your bubble but even if 2k loses the MLB license 360 owners will never have a chance to play The Show on a MS console.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
This is a beautiful game.

Seriously, 2K - give up the exclusive license. Give is all a chance to play this magnificent game.
Don't blame 2k...Blame the NFL and EA for starting exclusive nonsense......Why can't the leagues just go back to selling their license to anybody who can foot the bill?..I'm not understanding how the NFL can't make more by selling the right sto EA,2k, Sony, and probably Midway...They could set up a review panel to decide every year whether or not the games are quality enough, and then not grant a license for a year in order to give the company a chance to get their act together...

Even as a 2k fan, i would say that Madden has done SLIGHTLY better with Football than 2k has with Baseball.....But the chasm is not nearly so wide as people have been led to believe....

But it is a little unfair to write 2k off now that VC is doing Baseball...Their track record with Pro & College Hoops and Football is stellar......

Since Baseball fans have SOME choice(unlike Football fans) it is also overkill to keep bashing 2k......If all I had to do to play 2k NFL Football was buy a PS3, I would be as happy as a clam
Old 02-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #8
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
nice writeup. I'll be making the leap to the PS3 this year just for this game. and so far it sounds like i won't be disappointed.

and yeah, the odds of Sony licensing The Show for the Xbox in a world without exclusive licenses is slim and none. If you want The Show the only way to get it is by dropping $300 for the PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »