Home

Made a small change this week...

This is a discussion on Made a small change this week... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #17
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Made a small change this week...

As long as players have the option to turn it back on, its gravy. I would love to play some football on a clean screen.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I set weapon icons and any/all other graphical options all to off by default (like the weapons, icon hints, big pre-play controls menu, etc). So now when you play Madden 'out of the box', it looks ultra clean and pristine. To everyone I showed, they sort of breathed a sigh of relief when looking at it...just "pure football" again. The only thing you see is the score bug (which has been redesigned from 09 btw and I think pretty much everyone will dig it).

But before we ship it like that...what do you guys think? Do you prefer it that way? Do you use the pre-play menu? For our mass amount of buyers, do you think they need the helpers like the icons, weapons, pre-play menu, etc?
u r a marketing genius sir, my answer is OFF yep just plain old OFF. i have a beautiful 47'' sony and all that icon juck does nothing for my beautiful screen...OFF!!! lol
Old 02-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #19
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

Off really is the way to go. And for the love of God, please have them off by default for online play at the very least.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Ian ill leave you with this quote

"Everything you see on sunday you will see in madden"

that was a paraphrase
lol, nuff said...funny how he answered this question already just a few days ago
Old 02-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #21
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Wow, I am surprised I am in the minority on this one. I need those icons/menus! I have been playing Madden since 2003 and am still learning new things up to this day.

Pre-play has so many options/functions, I am not sure who in their right mind could keep those straight. I don't use all of them, but it's nice to have a reminder for when I am in the menus (especially when "B" backs out on one and "RB" cancels in another lol. What I would like to see here is a minimization of the menu. Think Madden 06-07 360 except have them even closer to the screen's edge.

I also like the weapons icons because they let me know who other team's playmakers are. I would hate to lose the option to see who's who pre play.

I am interested in a clean look for 2010, but I think it could be accomplished be redesigning the pre-play menus and weapon icons. I really like the "Star" icons in NCAA Football as the represent a star player, but don't have a black background that's distracting. Take a look at how these were done and implement it in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Wow, I am surprised I am in the minority on this one. I need those icons/menus! I have been playing Madden since 2003 and am still learning new things up to this day.

Pre-play has so many options/functions, I am not sure who in their right mind could keep those straight. I don't use all of them, but it's nice to have a reminder for when I am in the menus (especially when "B" backs out on one and "RB" cancels in another lol. What I would like to see here is a minimization of the menu. Think Madden 06-07 360 except have them even closer to the screen's edge.

I also like the weapons icons because they let me know who other team's playmakers are. I would hate to lose the option to see who's who pre play.

I am interested in a clean look for 2010, but I think it could be accomplished be redesigning the pre-play menus and weapon icons. I really like the "Star" icons in NCAA Football as the represent a star player, but don't have a black background that's distracting. Take a look at how these were done and implement it in Madden.
and hats great dude remember u r not part of the minority because u r giving ian ur opinion that he needs just as much as the next madden gamer, and the redesigning idea is a great one imo
Old 02-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 14

I NEVER keep weapons icons on, as I find them completely annoying, as a matter of fact I don't use weapons at all, just not a feature I like. I do howver use the preplay screen from time to time, so at least make it an option to be turned on.

Off topic, but having "Custom Playbooks" in franchise mode would be absolutely HUGE! It's so boring to be stuck playing with the same old team playbooks season after season. Let us decide which formations and plays we want as our system .... PLEASE!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #24
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k

He is not saying you would have to go without them. It's just the first time you turn your game on, go in options, change it and boom your set.

I liked the idea of you bringing up the stars from NCAA. That is very clean, simple, and too the point. Good thought...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »