Home

MLB 09: The Show: Even More Visually Sparkling Than MLB 08 (PSX Extreme)

This is a discussion on MLB 09: The Show: Even More Visually Sparkling Than MLB 08 (PSX Extreme) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 09: The Show: Even More Visually Sparkling Than MLB 08 (PSX Extreme)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
Im pretty sure the reason it doesnt is cuz most people like me are in the ill believe it when I see it boat. just cuz some site says this and that doesnt mean its going to be as flawless at 1080p as it is as 720p

like mentioned earlier IF A DEVELOPER WOULD CHIME IN, than that would help. but since they arent I get the feeling this is like last years where it CAN run at 1080p but its optimized for 720, meaning the framerate will dip at 1080p.
And when some people come on here and claim they have it on 1080p and it runs smooth I wouldnt believe either some people just dont notice small things like some others do.

so in the end wait till march,
that's a good point Crash. have you read this article on Digital Foundry though?

http://www.digitalfoundry.org/blog/?p=407

i understand you'll still want to see it in action for yourself, but this is nice insight nonetheless!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
why wait till march when you have the demo set it to 1080p and see how it plays i noticed that the framerate was much improved from last year at 1080 but it is not as smooth to 720p but is is very very close 1080p is a thing of beauty this year

The Demo I deleted and isnt good enough for one and it will be alot different for two, after Chris confirming that the framerate and optimizing issues are resolved last just before the game ships is all I needed to hear, the demo was a tad on the disapointing side (framerate issues for some) and the retail game should be top notch there for im waiting till march to test this out.
Again Ill believe it when I see it, but if it does it will be awesome no doubts about that
Old 02-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS77
that's a good point Crash. have you read this article on Digital Foundry though?

http://www.digitalfoundry.org/blog/?p=407

i understand you'll still want to see it in action for yourself, but this is nice insight nonetheless!
Thanks for the link
Old 02-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3
hey i went to display settings to change it to 1080 but it dont know where to go after that.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #29
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
He has to UNCHECK the 720p option as well in the PS3's display properties, or the game will default to the "optimized" resolution of 720p. That will force it into 1080p.
does anyone know of any easier way to change a game to 1080p? Withuot having to uncheck the boxes. Some games I still want to play at 720p, but thats a pain to keep changing. thanks for the help.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
does anyone know of any easier way to change a game to 1080p? Withuot having to uncheck the boxes. Some games I still want to play at 720p, but thats a pain to keep changing. thanks for the help.
Dont think so 08 the show was the only game Ive ever had to manually turn off all the other resolutions, most games run at what they can out of the box if u have all them checked off.

Example COD5 if you have all the resolutions checked off, it will display 1080p regardless.
where as NBA live lets say even though everythings checked off will goto 720p it just goes to what the game out of the box has it set too, if you have all the resolutions checked.

except the show last year cuz on 1080p it was pretty bad. It really shouldnt have been included, but im sure it sold to some people looking on the back of the case and seeing 1080p capabilities problem was it ran at 30fps and looked choppy
Old 02-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #31
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
Dont think so 08 the show was the only game Ive ever had to manually turn off all the other resolutions, most games run at what they can out of the box if u have all them checked off.

Example COD5 if you have all the resolutions checked off, it will display 1080p regardless.
where as NBA live lets say even though everythings checked off will goto 720p it just goes to what the game out of the box has it set too, if you have all the resolutions checked.

except the show last year cuz on 1080p it was pretty bad. It really shouldnt have been included, but im sure it sold to some people looking on the back of the case and seeing 1080p capabilities problem was it ran at 30fps and looked choppy
that kinda sucks. Its gonna be a little bit annoying to have to keep unchecking 720p everytime I want to play. oh well its worth it, it looks great in 1080p!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #32
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

i am getting this tv next week

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/d...LN46A950D1FXZA

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »