Home

Inside EA Sports NASCAR Kart Racing

This is a discussion on Inside EA Sports NASCAR Kart Racing within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Inside EA Sports NASCAR Kart Racing

EA Sports have posted another blog. This one covers NASCAR Kart Racing.

Quote:
"My name is Ryan Stradling, and I am the Sr. Development Director at Electronic Arts – NC (EANC). We all are very excited about our new game NASCAR® Kart Racing for the Wii that comes out February 10th, 2009.

There are multiple reasons why we are excited. First of all, the game is just plain fun. I play it with my kids, my friends, and whomever. We set out to make it a fun “party” game where up to four players can play at the same time. Also, whether it has been through formal or informal play testing I have yet to find somebody that cannot easily drive around the easier tracks. The Wii definitely helps this with its unique controllers. A cool moment for me personally was how interested my 5 year old son got into NASCAR after playing the game.

The art team focused on creating respectful caricatures of the NASCAR drivers, and we feel they come across really well. Finally, the core mechanic of sling-shotting around the track with your teammate provides a different flavor than any other racing game out there."
Platform: Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 02:59 AM   #2
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Inside EA Sports NASCAR Kart Racing

IGN and a few sites have said it's a Mario Kart clone, but it's done pretty well... so for those of you that are Nascar fans with young kids or just like Kart Racing games it sounds like it's worth while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »