Home

MLB 09 The Show Q&A (Gameshark)

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Q&A (Gameshark) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #9
Banned

TribeFan80's Arena

OVR: 3
Good questions. Good answers.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8
A lot of online improvements BUT still no online league individual player stat tracking. 2K has been doing this for years. I don't care how many homeruns or RBI's I have total in a league, I want to know how many each of my players do without having to run the league through leaguedaddy, etc.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 09 The Show Q&A (Gameshark)

Quote:
They also know when they should not take chances. You will see the third base coach reflect that as you watch him direct traffic.
Does this mean we'll actually be able to see and listen to (or ignore) our third base coaches when running home? I've been wanting that in a baseball game for a LONG time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #12
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Great Read. I really think the 'solid hits' slider will be great for a lot of players.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #13
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8

After reading that I'm am very excited about this game. The way they decribe this game it seems like it's going to blow MVP 05 out of the water.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #14
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Nobody even noticed this?

Quote:
Have any improvements/additions been made to the online features?
Yes! Approaching this year, we had a few goals in mind. Improve the Online League experience and increase league play/activity. We also wanted to improve the online in-game/gameplay experience. For our SportsConnect online leagues we added a Live Draft system and Flex Schedules. The Draft system allows from 6-30 players to hold a full live draft, with the ability to set your draft day/time, pick timer, set a draft queue, chat (and harass), view the stats of available players, and more. Once the draft is over, set your lineup, and get the games going!

Playing games should be much easier this year, for two major reasons. First, the Flex Schedule allows league members to now play ahead in their schedule. No longer do you only get one series and opponent to play at a time. Depending on the size and length of your league you can play anywhere from 3 to 15 flex games. Long past are the days of not finding a league opponent online to play your games with.

Another Online SportsConnect Lobby feature is the addition of the Roster Vault. Similar to the MLB Sliders feature introduced a couple years ago, the Roster Vault allows anyone interested to modify an Offline Roster, upload it to the server and share with the community. In turn, the community can download, use offline and come back online and rate the Roster. Imagine the time saved by users no longer having to use 3rd party sites to share this type of information. It’s all within MLB 09 The Show now.

For online gameplay we focused on speed and offering everything you’ve come to expect from the offline game experience. Focus on framerate speed should go a long way in improving the online gameplay feel. Other Online in-game additions include, extra pause time for extra innings games, ability to select jerseys on the way into game, ability to mound visit, access to the quick menu, online steals—addressed, quick pitch exploit—addressed, allow both players to view and enjoy pause menu replays, pause exploit with balls in play, and increased gameplay settings.

Does this mean you guys can talk about Online now?
Old 02-12-2009, 06:21 AM   #15
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Nobody even noticed this?

Does this mean you guys can talk about Online now?

Nope!

There is nothing really new there that has not been mentioned before. We are getting there Enigma!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #16
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSpalehoseCWS
After reading that I'm am very excited about this game. The way they decribe this game it seems like it's going to blow MVP 05 out of the water.
MLB '06, '07 and '08 did that as well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »