Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Cardinals @ Cubs Bottom 1st

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Cardinals @ Cubs Bottom 1st within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2009, 06:04 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Cardinals @ Cubs Bottom 1st

Here is the other Major League Baseball 2K9 video, I promised you guys. Please don't post any questions or requests, just stay on topic. More videos will be posted later.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 06:06 AM   #2
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Cardinals @ Cubs Bottom 1st

Thank you Steve

I think my PC/browser may not like the flash player because at first it looked hitchy in some spots, but if I rewind and watch the same spot again it's smooth with no hiccups. So in this case, it's not the video itself that is hitchy (or the game). It seems to be something on my end or the player. I always pause and let the whole thing download before watching too.

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-13-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:59 AM   #3
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Well, I've noticed a lot of repetative animations in the crowd and dugout, but that's a minor gripe. While they masked uplicate coloring and body types fairly well, the animations still sync up close by too often. The crowd still looks good overall, mind you, just an observation. Probably not something most will notice during the flow of a game anyway.

The dugout seemed stuck in a looping clapping animation, but aside from when it was focused on it during the lineup overview, I doubt it will be directly visible for that long very often, so it shouldn't prove too distracting.

My concern is (and this might sound funny) that the gameplay looks like it has the same feel as it always has. That might be a positive for many here, but I hope I can find improved core gameplay within that construct at least. Tough to tell is all.

The hit variety seemed good enough given the small sample, but the bat sound still really bugs me. That's another thing that effects the "feel" for me (it makes the hitting feel more forced, and less fluid...if that makes any sense). I know that may sound odd to plenty of people, but I know what I'm saying at least...lol. The feel of the gameplay is very important to me. Obviously hard to truly gauge from just watching it, so I'm not making any definitive judgements or anything. Just something that I'm thinking about.

The commentary and presentation still looks/sounds quite good to me, so that's another plus. There seems to be a good flow to Thorne and Phillips overall, so that's good. Obviously, it could end up repetative, but it should be at the very least a d*mn good start, IMO.

The plyer models still look good to me mostly (except the exaggerrated elbow arc...but that's really nit-picking), and the rest of the graphics will be good enough if all else is working.

The biggest plus for me so far is that, despite it being an early build, it seems to run fairly smoothly. There are a few hiccups and some transitional gaffs, but overall it looks solid enough. Hopefully it's even better come release
Old 02-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
MVP

wayne23's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Thank you Steve

I think my PC/browser may not like the flash player because at first it looked hitchy in some spots, but if I rewind and watch the same spot again it's smooth with no hiccups. So in this case, it's not the video itself that is hitchy (or the game). It seems to be something on my end or the player. I always pause and let the whole thing download before watching too.
Thanks Steve. Everything looks great.

Jeff I think you may be onto something. I just did the same thing you did and everything seemed alot smoother. Man there is just so much going on in the ballpark...really immersive.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
Pro

Lordcledus's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm very impressed. Gameplay looked smooth, presentation has gotten a LOT better, and the game looks great appearance wise. Could be a very solid year for 2K9.

XBL: Lordcledus

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 07:04 AM   #6
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Looks good to me, maybe us 360 owners will actually have something this year!

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 02-13-2009, 07:06 AM   #7
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne23
Jeff I think you may be onto something. I just did the same thing you did and everything seemed alot smoother. Man there is just so much going on in the ballpark...really immersive.
Glad I'm not the only one. For a second I thought maybe something was wrong with my computer or something.

Everything is much smoother when I rewind and play the choppy spots again. Looks really good
Old 02-13-2009, 07:08 AM   #8
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

This could change after i rent it, but so far its a...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »