Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Beta Screenshots - Franchise (2-13-09)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Beta Screenshots - Franchise (2-13-09) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #9
Pro

dynastynation's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Beta Screenshots (2-13-09)

Anyone notice that Chris Duncan (terrible OFer) won the gold glove? lol first off, that guy is the worst defensive player on the Cardinals. Second, he won't come close to landing the everyday starting job ever again...
Old 02-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

All I can say is Kudos to my WhiteSox for winning the world series!!!

The depth of the franchise looks insane!! Just hope there's not any crazy franchise killing bugs. No it wont be 100% perfect and I dont expect that but I hope any bugs (if any) are minor ones at least

PSN: hoos4974
Old 02-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 38

Thanks !!! looks like lots of options this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #12
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23

look at the majors digits 19 P and 16 B
Thats 35 players on the mlb roster
and the other leagues have the looks of 25
So it looks like 40 man rosters are in
Isn't that a bit presumptuous? I could have sworn they already confirmed NO 40 man rosters.

Remember, this screen is taken in the off-season after many transactions were made. So it could just as easily be that he didn't shift guy to their respective levels yet. They seem to be on the "Finalize Rosters" step too

I'm not saying your 100% wrong, just taking a bit of a leap.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #13
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

yea I know I was asking if anyone knew
So it looks like 40 man rosters are in? is what i was meaning.
I think the chise looks really good, I didnt like the amount of career years sorta
A big plus were the pitcher strikeouts totals nice to see a pitcher over 145 for the league lead lol.
As previously posted the gold gloves were kinda weird. The AL comeback player of the year I forget his name, I never heard of him. Dont you have to be good, then be bad, and then Have a comeback year?
He is a current minor and he won comeback player.
I think this game will be really deep this year, with different angles you could mix it up camera wise just about all the time to get a new feel.
One thing I was skeptical is VC random records , I wonder how they actually do their win/loss sim engine. Top teams below five hundred and 60-73 game winning teams in the mid 80's. Also little discrepency in divisions like NBA 2K9
Franchise looks promising though, I also had a hard time landing free agents in NBA & NHL this year, you have to put up extra gwap to reel em in.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 02-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #14
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
yea I know I was asking if anyone knew
So it looks like 40 man rosters are in? is what i was meaning.
I think the chise looks really good, I didnt like the amount of career years sorta
A big plus were the pitcher strikeouts totals nice to see a pitcher over 145 for the league lead lol.
As previously posted the gold gloves were kinda weird. The AL comeback player of the year I forget his name, I never heard of him. Dont you have to be good, then be bad, and then Have a comeback year?
He is a current minor and he won comeback player.
I think this game will be really deep this year, with different angles you could mix it up camera wise just about all the time to get a new feel.
One thing I was skeptical is VC random records , I wonder how they actually do their win/loss sim engine. Top teams below five hundred and 60-73 game winning teams in the mid 80's. Also little discrepency in divisions like NBA 2K9
Franchise looks promising though, I also had a hard time landing free agents in NBA & NHL this year, you have to put up extra gwap to reel em in.
I gotcha. Yup, the stats and records are ALL screwy. Not the numbers themselves in all cases, just who they're attributed to.

I mean, a guy with a 6.00+ ERA and 27 Saves is the reliever of the year?...lol...god help the league.

I don't put too much stock into that stuff though. There has yet to be a console baseball game that tracked all the awards realistically and most need some considerable ratings editing to end up with realistic simulation results (including The Show).

So I'm not worried on that front and overall franchise looks to be pretty solid in terms of stat tracking and interface. So we'll see
Old 02-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

LoL, Nathan won reliever of the year with a 4.02 ERA and 27 saves, and Marmol won it with a 6.33 ERA (!) and 27 saves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 24

Yikes. A 6 ERA and 27/33 saves wins reliever of the year. What, did the MLB let Cubs fans votes?

As long as stats are realistic, I can live without the reliever of the year being right. The MVP and stuff looks ok.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »