Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yes, he's playing 360 version, it's just our database sometimes will put any platform the game comes out for next to the title.
sliz, are you playing this game? im thinking not, but if you are, what do you think of the cpu take pitch issue?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #18
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
It isn't a review. It is a hands-on preview of an unfinished copy of the game.
Exactly, and Steve said that the devs told him the problems he mentioned wouldn't be in the full game, so there's no need to write this game off as a failure already. There's still reason to hope. This was only a beta build and not the final game.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
It isn't a review. It is a hands-on preview of an unfinished copy of the game.
Whatever, this was the biggest issue I was concerned about an unless I hear differently I'm passing on this one. You if feel like buying it then feel free
Old 02-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

thanks for your hard work, Steve. I'm extremely concerned about the CPU swinging at everything in or near the zone without sliders to compensate. Hopefully this gets addressed in the final retail build, but I'm not overly optimistic. It doesn't really seem like they were aiming too hard for a 100% sim-type atmosphere with this release. Oh well.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Exactly, and Steve said that the devs told him the problems he mentioned wouldn't be in the full game, so there's no need to write this game off already. There's still reason to hope. This was only a beta build.
Yeah and last year 2k told us the game ran at 60fps. If you believe that everything will be fixed then purchase the game. I'm just stating that I will pass unless I hear differently from the devs or from others that have reviewed the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #22
Banned

Excellent review, man.. very thorough.. I'll be getting it for PC regardless of issues. I just wanna play it myself. Hopefully, some of the more serious issues you've seen have been ironed out in the final version of the game.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #23
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
Yeah and last year 2k told us the game ran at 60fps. If you believe that everything will be fixed then purchase the game. I'm just stating that I will pass unless I hear differently from the devs or from others that have reviewed the game.
Well, for one thing, last year we had a completely different developer too......So I don't even compare this year to what the developers promised/did last year.

But yes, I agree it would be nice to know whether or not this will be fixed for sure.

Stever said: "Just keep in mind, some of the issues I have witnessed will not be in the final retail version, according to the developers of the game."

It would definitely be great to know what specific issues they said wouldn't be in the final game...
Old 02-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Well, for one thing, last year we had a completely different developer too......So I don't even compare this year to what the developers promised/did last year.

But yes, I agree it would be nice to know whether or not this will be fixed for sure.

Stever said: "Just keep in mind, some of the issues I have witnessed will not be in the final retail version, according to the developers of the game."

It would definitely be great to know what specific issues they said wouldn't be in the final game...
Do you believe that all developers never lie ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »