Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #25
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike360
Do you believe that all developers never lie ?
Did I say that? Not at all. I'm not that naive, lol. I'm just saying that VC has a much better track record about getting things right than Kush did, and I can't see VC making a huge blunder like Kush did last year with empty promises, but that certianly doesn't mean that VC is infallible.

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-16-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
It would definitely be great to know what specific issues they said wouldn't be in the final game...
I thought this about five minutes ago.

Steve, are you allowed to give us clarification on this?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #27
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

OVR: 10
I haven't seen anyone bring up the outfielder throwing, seems they get rid of the ball to quick, no momentum that requires them to stop. As soon as they catch the ball, they are throwing it into the infield, looks like runners can be forced out at 2nd base on singles to shallow leftfield.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 11

The silence from 2k is what has me concerned. This idea of CPU not taking strikes has been floating around since they first released the videos. If this was truly not an issue you would think they would come and say so. Or at the very least Ron at 2k would have addressed the board
Old 02-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #29
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12

Great preview, Steve! I'm a casual baseball game fan, so a realisitc pitch count doesn't matter so much to me. Not saying it could never be fixed, but if it isn't, I can deal with it!
The points about the atmosphere, and the other little things, have me excited for release! I'm most happy in my sports gaming when I can lose myself in the game, and VC seems to be shooting for this.
Very nice!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #30
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
The silence from 2k is what has me concerned. This idea of CPU not taking strikes has been floating around since they first released the videos. If this was truly not an issue you would think they would come and say so. Or at the very least Ron at 2k would have addressed the board
Yeah, I just read over there that Ron is going to be gone for the next two weeks. I thought that was kind of weird timing
Old 02-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #31
All Star

OVR: 21

Thx for the preview Steve (and the vids over the weekend). Everything sounds great; main disappointments are the lack of a customizable outfield camera and the cpu swinging at balls in the strike zone. Both are disappointing but neither are dealbreakers for me; the rest of the game looks/sounds too good to pass up. Still, would've been nice if they had sliders to allow people to tweak to their desire. Even with adjustments I'm sure there's no way VC will be able to make everyone happy. Hell, even with sliders there are going to be people that complain. Either way, really looking forward to the game. Think it's best people don't overreact to every piece of information that gets released; this is just a preview. Just a week ago many were proclaiming doom and gloom because of the lack of media. After Friday's info dump that perception took a 180

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Yeah, I just read over there that Ron is going to be gone for the next two weeks. I thought that was kind of weird timing
I know, that's unbelievable. The strategy of this company is just terrible, much like last year. So at this point, we are left assuming the CPU swinging at everything is an issue, if we do get a demo, people will say it is a beta version, and no one at 2k will be able to address our concerns.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »