Home

NHL 09 PS3 Patch Released - Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 09 PS3 Patch Released - Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2009, 12:39 AM   #25
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NHL 09 PS3 Patch Released - Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by getinthevan87
Yeah... not really seeing what the big deal is here.
I'm not either. I also don't see how it has anything to do with patch impressions.

To the poster who asked about offline, my impressions were from offline games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #26
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

hey LP that's great to hear about the balanced penalties....and also what level do you play?

is the cpu more dangerous scoring wise? After the 1st patch their scoring efficincy took a big hit? how is it after this patch??

thanks
Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 AM   #27
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

I am so excited for this to hit 360. I was/am so disappointed in NHL 09, I really hated all the cheese with the non existant interference calls, short side slappers, and flopping goalies. I've never been disappointed in an NHL game until 09. Despite my great record I haven't played online in a month because it's boring defending against the same cheap tactics, and even worse when they work.

I can't wait to see the barrage of douches heading to the box after checking my guy 30 feet away from the puck, I can't wait to have my goalie stone every short side cheese slapper, I can't wait for my online desire to be refueled by this patch. I really hope I'm not getting hyped up for nothing, to me this will be like a whole new game if it's good.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
I am so excited for this to hit 360. I was/am so disappointed in NHL 09, I really hated all the cheese with the non existant interference calls, short side slappers, and flopping goalies. I've never been disappointed in an NHL game until 09. Despite my great record I haven't played online in a month because it's boring defending against the same cheap tactics, and even worse when they work.

I can't wait to see the barrage of douches heading to the box after checking my guy 30 feet away from the puck, I can't wait to have my goalie stone every short side cheese slapper, I can't wait for my online desire to be refueled by this patch. I really hope I'm not getting hyped up for nothing, to me this will be like a whole new game if it's good.
It fixed the things your saying, but idk if it fixed them to the extent your thinking.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:28 AM   #29
NHL 13 Developer

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
what's the general impressions on OFFLINE play for everyone ? I am sure online play has improved, but offline play is where I spend most of my times.

How is the new superstar level? is it hard but realistic? ok then....thanks for all the input
One tip for superstar is that you can use the Aggression slider to get finer granularity on the difficulty, lower is easier.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:43 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 16

Kudos for EA, great work for patching the game twice. My impression of the patch is, that the whole game plays different now OFFLINE. Yesterday I've seen animations that i've never seen in 300+ games beforehand mostly due to the CPU using other sorts of defense instead of constantly checking the hell out of me. Plus, the game looks more "organic" on the boards b/c of the new kind of D - Style the CPU uses. Generally it's now harder to beat the CPU b/c of the higher chance of goals from the slot (which the cpu constantly takes). Also got my first major for "check from behind". All in all good patch!

Edit: Just had a look at the EAWorld forums with all checkers whining of not finishing checks etc.. Quite ridiculous! I don't have that problem

Last edited by eeyor; 02-18-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:33 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon14 Re: NHL 09 PS3 Patch Released - Impressions

Just finished an offline game in my franchise...

I got a checking from behind, interference, and a couple of charging calls. All were legit calls and would likely not have been called pre-patch. I disagreed with only one as it was borderline. Really makes you play the game differently and more realistically. The angry crowd will get used to this once they adapt. The game is much more strategic and challenging this way.

I found the gameplay more fluid oddly enough. Found it faster and smoother. CPU had some good plays on me too and they had their share of penalties as well.

My goals came via rebound and also a tip in (vs Luongo). A goal vs. me was from a wraparound pass that bounced in off my defender...tsn turning point.

Overall, I enjoyed the new gameplay. Looking forward to playing more (and maybe online again).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 02:39 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Bravo EA this game really feels like hockey, alot more blocked shots or deflections over the glass, more realistic goals, can't put it down, luv the penalties, no cheap ones anymore, can't say enough!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »