Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: A's @ Mariners

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: A's @ Mariners within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: A's @ Mariners

This video seemed to be not set on the "quick play" setting. I loved how the camera angles show Griffey in mid pre-swing routine, the camera shifts back and he is still getting ready, and then the pitching camera shows him getting set-without the animation snap we saw in the earlier builds. The crowd was chanting at the right time to get him to do something, and those weak grounders sure looked like the result of being out in front of those off speed pitches...

Shaping up nicely. I would like to see a 3-4 inning video(s) or at least once through the lineup for both teams. Flow is very important in baseball, and it would be nice to see some longer videos.

syf
Old 02-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #18
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I did think Ellis was throwing lollipops to first base on those put outs. He could have put a little more mustard on those throws.
Yeah, that's one animation I could do without -- the off-balance rushed throw for no reason only for it loop over to first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
Nice video, game seemed to run smooth and we saw some week grounders which was a positive. Still dont like the fact that one of this generation's greatest hitters Griffey Jr. was showing no plate discipline but I hope that can be fixed with sliders.
I said it before, but the game looks good, and I'm not just talking graphics/animations. From what we've seen it just seems to have a 'baseball feel' to it, but that could be wasted if the gameplay nuances like plate discipline, smart AI baserunning and lineup/bullpen management aren't there to support it. Not saying they won't be, but those are the things that would cause me to stop playing...

Last edited by Qb; 02-20-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #19
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10
Thank the lord.

Can we see some giambi or holliday at bats?
Old 02-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #20
Rookie

The Living Legend's Arena

OVR: 6

I think this is the best video yet, the animations looked great.
Anyone notice the lack of organ? i think it played once after the play was over and that was it. Also the crowd chants was very nice and if you listened to the bat sounds they were pretty much spot on. Very good video.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yeah, that's one animation I could do without -- the off-balance rushed throw for no reason only for it loop over to first...

I said it before, but the game looks good, and I'm not just graphics/animations. From what we've seen it just seems to have a 'baseball feel' to it, but that could be wasted if the gameplay nuances like plate discipline, smart AI baserunning and lineup/bullpen management aren't there to support it. Not saying they won't be, but those are the things that would cause me to stop playing...
I agree with you 100%. Just something about the baseball feel and flow of the game. It's the whole package. That's something i noticed about this game and why i'm so excited. It just has a nice feel to it it seems even though i havent played it. It's the little AI things though that are going to make or break this game. I'm really praying 2k spends the next week or so before release fine tuning the AI and getting it working really well. Wishful thinking..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #22
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

Anyone know if you can play spring training like the show?
Old 02-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

It's very nice to see a couple of weakly hit grounders. I'm absolutely thrilled with the progress Visual Concepts made this year.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #24
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

Id like to see a randy johnson vs jason giambi video thatd be legit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »