Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game

Here is another Major League Baseball 2K9 video. This one shows off some of the hit variety in the game, as well as a few defensive gems. Yes, the audio is a little off, as my software and encoding aren't playing nice for me.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 06:10 AM   #2
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game

Thanks for the video. Certainly a better variety of hits than we've seen thus far. Liked the pull shots better in this video too. Also liked seeing a collision at home.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Very cool. I noticed the game started in daylight and ended at night. I don't know if any previous 2K games did that, but that's pretty cool.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:17 AM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Now uh, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but does anybody not see the time issue here? The game begins with the sun directly overhead (like a noonish time) and by the ninth inning the sun is already down. Though the biggest problem is between the 8th and the 9th.

Yes, that's a glaring issue. Yes, I have a problem with it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-23-2009, 06:29 AM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Now uh, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but does anybody not see the time issue here? The game begins with the sun directly overhead (like a noonish time) and by the ninth inning the sun is already down. Though the biggest problem is between the 8th and the 9th.

Yes, that's a glaring issue. Yes, I have a problem with it.
lol...I see it, but it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers you (though to be fair, it would be hard for any of us to be as bothered by it as you are...lol)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 06:42 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Now uh, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but does anybody not see the time issue here? The game begins with the sun directly overhead (like a noonish time) and by the ninth inning the sun is already down.
That's pretty funny. And here I thought we were watching clips of two different games. I was thinking how cool it is we get select the time of day for the allstar game, lol.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:47 AM   #7
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Looks good, so does the day to night progression, I'm not going to use a sun dial to make sure the sun is in the exact position for every game. I do like how the buildings have the lights on at night. Nice touch.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 02-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8
Did anyone notice the stats for individual players on the big scoreboard in right-center? Replay the video for yourselves and look at the stats. First batter, Hanley Ramirez, over 70 homeruns......Ichiro 73 homeruns...I think Josh Hamilton had over 100... I understand this may not be the biggest thing to some people out there, but in our grand game of baseball that is predicated off of statistics, this simply in not good in any way. It's either pointing to a bad stats driven simulation engine, or I guess even worse, laziness by the developers (no attention to the "small" stuff like The Show does)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »