Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: New Madden NFL 10 blog post - QB improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
I love it...absolutely love it.

Ian- Some QB's throw better on the run like Jeff Garcia, Mike Vick etc...will you accont for these types of athletes?

Nevermind, went back and read it again...and answered my own question. Ok, I'm going to go pre-order this game right now...no joke.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 35

I just hope you can throw to someone wide open deep and they wont lose any stride. And to be able to throw it right over a defender where ever you want. And same with crossing routes and posts just dont lose the stride when catching the ball. Catch and tuck, no alligator arm animation, just catch and tuck In stride Like All Pro 2k8 has.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 18

Looks great. I really liked the part about incompletions returning to Madden and a QB's throw being more realistically influenced by contact with a defender. This technology looks very promising!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #20
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

This is awesome Ian. You guys are freakin on a roll!!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
With Donny's new philosophy on ratings, the addition of these ratings immediately made the game play VERY differently than in years past. Chucking up the deep ball with a QB with high throw power but bad accuracy is definitely a recipe for disaster! We have recently been doing tuning to scale down these effects on the lower skill levels because QB's are way more inaccurate than you're used to seeing, and we felt this would be a little too hard to play for a casual player. Rest assured though, on All Pro and All Madden, we will have a much more realistic representation of accuracy for the QB's. I know I've read many times that in the past it seems that the only incomplete passes in Madden are either swatted, dropped, or intercepted...that is definitely no longer the case.
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Reading the whole blog made my day. I'm very interested in how the new ratings will effect the passing game. (Especially Throw on the Run & Play Action )

Edit:
That wasn't a new tackle animation in the Layer Blending video right? I can't remember if that's one I've seen or not now.

Last edited by Hotlanta; 02-23-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

This blog alone has me just about sold on Madden 2010. QB play looks to have taken a drastic turn for the better this year. You'll really be able to pick out a passer for whatever offensive system you wish to run now.

A question though; as far as the game is concerned, what constitutes short, medium, and deep passes (in terms of how many yards the receiver is down the field)?

That said, I'm still looking forward to reading about other significant improvements like this one in the coming weeks.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sounds great, but I have a question though?

Is deep accuracy arm strength dependent?

Meaning is it how accurate a QB is throwing as deep as he can, or is it how accurate he is in a certain range, like 30+ yards from the line of scrimmage?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #24
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Good stuff. Finally new ratings for the different levels of the field (short, medium, deep). Also like hearing that there will be more incompletions as well. Thanks for sharing Ian.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »