Home

Fight Night Round 4 Exclusive First Look (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Exclusive First Look (ESPN Videogames) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Fight Night Round 4 Exclusive First Look (ESPN Videogames)

ESPN Videogames have posted their exclusive first look at Fight Night Round 4.

Quote:
"So it's no longer about how far you wind up the stick. Now it's about how it hits the target. It's about how cleanly it lands and what current level of stamina you have and all of that stuff. So you'll see a much more varied number of interactions because of the collision detection and because of the physics system, because punches are not always going to land clean. Some will slide off of the side of the head or skate over the top of the head and not have a lot of affect, but when they land clean, that's when you'll see the big impacts. It's much more realistic if you're used to watching real fights. You see forearms bouncing into shoulders and punches just missing off the side of the head as opposed to it always being either a punch that hits or a punch that misses. So the variety of punch impacts that you see in Fight Night Round 4 is much more realistic and it's a much more varied experience. It looks like a much more fluid fight playing out before your eyes."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: ESPN Exclusive Preview "Fight Night Round 4"

sounds great....can't wait to see this beast in action

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 03-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Good stuff. One of my more anticipated games of the year.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

everything sounded great except the begginning of the article where in between rounds you can add points to your 'health' or 'stamina'...

I was hoping to do away with that kind of health system. Its like I have 100 hp and each jab takes 5 hp away, so the 20th connected will knock me down.
Everything else sounded wonderful, but because of that I am forced to rent it to see for myself how it's going to play out in the ring.
Awesome that Tommy Morrison is in the game lol.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I cant wait, good read
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 19

Awesome article and interview with Brizzo. I loved how Legacy mode will be employed, how they factor in the corner game as an actual strategic part of the gameplay and the moniker of no two fights are ever the same. Also, I enjoyed him saying that parry on Round 3 was whack and that in Round 4 it is based on skill and reflex.

All in all, it seems we really are in for the best boxing simulation out there.

P.S.: The Tommy Morrison story about a fan actually being the gateway to having him in the game was great and is an example of the different treatment these developers are having with their community as opposed to past releases of the same franchise.

http://fightnightnation.ning.com
Old 03-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #7

OVR: 34

Pretty impressive. In particular...

"Besides that, there are just a lot of things that you can do in Fight Night Round 4 that you couldn't in Round 3. There are also some things you could do in Round 3 that you can't do in Round 4. One of the most noticeable ones is slapping a guy's hand out of the air and freezing him for three seconds. While parrying is an authentic element in boxing, one of the things that was missing in Round 3 is that you never really had to time it. If I was just holding my hand up by the side of my head, as long as you threw a punch there, I was going to slap it. But in real life, parrying punches takes really good timing. You need to see it coming and you need to actually knock it out of the air. It requires timing, it requires reflexes, it requires reading your opponent. So that's a much different experience from Fight Night Round 3 to Fight Night Round 4. Timing your blocks, timing your head movement is something that has changed dramatically."
Old 03-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
everything sounded great except the begginning of the article where in between rounds you can add points to your 'health' or 'stamina'...

I was hoping to do away with that kind of health system. Its like I have 100 hp and each jab takes 5 hp away, so the 20th connected will knock me down.
That's not really how it works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »