Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2009, 08:03 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
With that new Wii remote motion plus coming and the IGN guy saying it plays flawlessly with it in both driving and putting
The experience I had matches the one the IGN employee wrote about. It is VERY intuitive and I had never played TW for Wii as I do not own one. I am thinking about picking one up now just for this game.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:07 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
This has eased my worries a little bit, looks good. But i still see they have the ball cam and the crowd numbers, though decent, should be bigger or more tightly packed like they are actually there to watch the golf, not just stand there to make up the numbers
Ball Cam is there mainly for one reason. The Balanced or Easy user who applies spin and boost after the shot. If you don't play the game this way, the Presentation Cams have really been improved from what I saw.

And the crowds are 3 times bigger than they were in 09 and the detail in them increased, so this is a pretty big accomplishment in less than a year's development time IMO. They were VERY noticeable in the time I played the game last month.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Now about that stupid "ball-cam".....
See post above...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 08:20 AM   #12
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5

Changes look fantastic. Hopefully the career mode is moving more towards a road-to-the-show approach (from MLB09). The old career/season mode really got boring and there was no real motivation to keep playing the same tournaments over and over. I'd still like to see the money become more meaningful... you can only buy so many pirate hats and bunny suits. Get rid of those gimmicks (how does a shirt help you hit the ball further or putt better?) and move towards a more realistic sim.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #13
MVP

^^ Could not agree more.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLB34
Changes look fantastic. Hopefully the career mode is moving more towards a road-to-the-show approach (from MLB09). The old career/season mode really got boring and there was no real motivation to keep playing the same tournaments over and over. I'd still like to see the money become more meaningful... you can only buy so many pirate hats and bunny suits. Get rid of those gimmicks (how does a shirt help you hit the ball further or putt better?) and move towards a more realistic sim.
I third that.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Updates have been great so far and dynamic weather is a great step forward. (Hopefully that will include variable "gusts" of wind.)

To make this game PERFECT, they'd not only have a USGA rules guy there, but they'll actually give us USGA options on ball drops. For example, a lateral water hazard (red stake) gives you several ball drop options. A regular water hazard (yellow stake) gives you more -- including being able to "pick your distance" along the line where the ball crossed and the flag.

Also would be cool to pick where you can tee the ball in the tee zone.

Finally, it would be great if the "lie" was better defined to include degree of uphill/downhill. (Sidehill is obvious, but because of graphic limitations, it's not always clear when you have a downhill lie -- which would reduce loft on your club and add distance.)

- Irons
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheIrons
Finally, it would be great if the "lie" was better defined to include degree of uphill/downhill. (Sidehill is obvious, but because of graphic limitations, it's not always clear when you have a downhill lie -- which would reduce loft on your club and add distance.)

- Irons
AFAIK, adjusting the camera angles by pressing the RB helps me determine lie angles in the current game. But I do agree with what your intent is for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »