Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #17
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: NCAA Football 10: Custom Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
Here's one thing I am afraid of now: Conference invites. If I put Florida in the Mac conference & they dominate for 2 years straight, will they get invited to a difference conference? Multiply this problem by 3 or 4 different teams & you have a the big teams in the big conferences again...is this a gift...a curse...or both?
only human controlled teams are offered invites(unless it changes in NCAA 10), and they don't have to accept.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #18
MattUMD224

OVR:

now theirs one problem that could affect people that would like to do this like me

say you put a team like New Mexico State or Fresno State into the PAC-10, with the teams still have WAC on the grass on the field

if that is the case even tho a cool feature i would not use

Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #19
Rookie

shad_moss93's Arena

OVR: 8

That's two weeks now that NCAA has posted something little (that has not got me excited), madden has put off some good things so far. I usually lean towards buying NCAA over madden but this year i am leaning towards madden.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #20
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14
I am also thinking of making the swich to Madden. NCAA has a lot of catching up to do IMO.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #21
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

It will be a fun feature (at least for me). Is it for online only or will it be available for offline as well?? If you can use it for offline dynasty then will you be able to do conference changes after the season or is it a one time deal at the beginning of the dynasty and it goes back to the conference invite deal of past years??? and finally in another thread I asked Adam if the new "TC" (texture compositor) will allow for the conference logos to change when changing conferences and he said it could be used for that as well... So will the TC be utilized for custom conferences?? I would hate to move BYU or Utah to the Pac-10 and they still have a MWC logo on the field.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
Now Notre Dame can get in a conference like every other team. Perfect.
Sort of. Sounds like you can only swap teams, so there will always be 4 Independents. And then what I bet happens is that the schedules get replaced. I don't know how they program the OOC schedules, but I would bet that Southern Cal is not programmed to play "Notre Dame" every year, they are programmed to play "Independent #1" or something. So whoever you go stick out there to replace Notre Dame will be playing Notre Dame's typical schedule. I hope I'm wrong on that.

Next, I'd like to know if you can change which conferences get BCS spots. Because I want to turn the Big 12 back into the Big 8, and I want the Southwest Conference back. Those would both have 8 teams. So one would have to be the Big East and one the Sun Belt, and that would mess things up a bit And it would probably mess up recruiting, even though conference prestige is just one category of like 12. I've always wanted this feature, but I don't think it's going to work like I want, so this is pretty much useless for me most likely. I'd like to change the size of the conferences all together. I don't want the Big East to be locked in size so that there is always exactly 8 teams in there and there's no way around it, and it sounds like that's how it is since we can't add or subtract from ther 120 teams in 1-A.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #23
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

This new addition is pointless if logos on the field, throughout the stadium, and on jerseys do not change!!! Hopefully the idiots who have not noticed this will finally realize it.

Last edited by JayD; 03-12-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #24
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
This new addition is pointless if logos on the field, throughout the stadium, and on jerseys do not change!!! Hopefully the idiots who have not noticed this will finally realize it.
With the new 'texture compositor' they have the ability to change those things. Its just a matter of if they used the 'texture compositor'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »