Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: What's New?

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: What's New? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: What's New?

EA has posted another Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 blog. This one covers "What's new".

Quote:
"The U.S. Open is in the game! For the first time in franchise history you’ll be able to play the authentic U.S. Open Championship. Bethpage-Black is the site of this year’s Open, so the course and the officially licensed event will be featured in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10. We’re taking this one step further in-game by creating U.S. Open style course conditions to help recreate one of the most challenging environments in all of golf. Rough will be thicker, greens will be faster and fairways will be harder in order to more accurately recreate the feel of the U.S. Open Championship."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: What's New in TW10 Blog - March 12

I just hope we can use the putt meter on every skill level ... and not just the first three.
Putting is arguably the most frustrating part of Tiger.
Half the friggin time I have no clue how to accurately assess distance.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
New! - Precision Putter
In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 we have created a new putting mechanic which is based on the idea of carrying a single-distance putter in your bag. So what in the world does this mean? Well, this new system will allow for an alternative to our classic putting mechanic, which allowed you to toggle through a variety of max distances. This new putter will always maintain a single max distance, so it will be up to you to dial in the appropriate power and putting line on each shot. A new on-screen Precision Putting Meter will help you during your backswing and follow-through to find the correct stroke…unless you are hardcore and turn the meter off!

This putting mechanic has been an ask from you, the community, for some time now and we’re excited to be including it in this year’s game.
so long as the putt distance can be judged visually (like Links) without having to rely on the meter, I'll be thrilled!

It need to be very sensitive (yet forgiving) to do so but I hope they can pull it off.

all of these changes sound excellent!!! I am for the first time (since PGA Tour Golf on SNES ) really looking forward to this release!

Last edited by Klocker; 03-12-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I just hope we can use the putt meter on every skill level ... and not just the first three.
Putting is arguably the most frustrating part of Tiger.
Half the friggin time I have no clue how to accurately assess distance.
My understanding is that you can use it for all skill levels.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
so long as the putt distance can be judged visually (like Links) without having to rely on the meter, I'll be thrilled!
I have a feeling many will use the meter until they feel comfortable judging distances by how far they bring the putter back and the pace of the follow through.

From the blog:

Quote:
unless you are hardcore and turn the meter off!
This was a feature I asked for specifically during the TW Community Day event. They called it "Tim Mode" for the hardcore user (my name is Tim). A week later, I got an email from the Producer who said they enabled users to turn it on or off and that it worked great. I was thrilled to hear about this as well as other feedback we asked for making it in the game. (Can't talk about those feature requests just yet...not til NDA is released).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #6
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I have a feeling many will use the meter until they feel comfortable judging distances by how far they bring the putter back and the pace of the follow through.

From the blog:

This was a feature I asked for specifically during the TW Community Day event. They called it "Tim Mode" for the hardcore user (my name is Tim). A week later, I got an email from the Producer who said they enabled users to turn it on or off and that it worked great. I was thrilled to hear about this as well as other feedback we asked for making it in the game. (Can't talk about those feature requests just yet...not til NDA is released).
I know you can't release any more specifics yet, but how much more is there that has not yet been officially revealed in the EA blogs the last few weeks? It seems like they have already announced quite a few changes and improvements... is there anything exciting still to be revealed or have we heard most of it?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLB34
I know you can't release any more specifics yet, but how much more is there that has not yet been officially revealed in the EA blogs the last few weeks? It seems like they have already announced quite a few changes and improvements... is there anything exciting still to be revealed or have we heard most of it?
Yep, there is more to come, especially regarding other new game features, courses for this years game, DLC courses, and online tournament play has been re-built from the ground up. Unfortunately I can't say more, but I am anxious to share once I can. I'll put it this way, when I went to TW Community Day, I had a laundry list of features and fixes of my own and from the TW online communities that I wanted to discuss with Tiburon and by the time the event was over, the vast majority of the list had been already addressed by what I had seen. I hope the final product is even better than what I saw and EA finally delivers a Next Gen version of Tiger that people will want to play more than want to criticize.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

Finally a real putting mode. Thank you God.:woo t: :w oot::woo t:.

A definate must buy. I can't see how they could screw it up now. Trust me folks you'll turn the meter off once you get used to putting. In Links it was so rewarding and intuitive to putt, even when you missed. When you sank a 30 footer it was orgasmic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »