Home

Fight Night Round 4 First Look (IGN)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 First Look (IGN) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Fight Night Round 4 First Look (IGN)

IGN has posted their first look at Fight Night Round 4.

Quote:
"The graphics, while still impressive with their super-slick movements and shiny exteriors, aren't the star of the show this time around. No, Fight Night Round 4 is a showcase of physics. Gone are the days of punches restricted to four specific quadrants. Now glancing blows, arms getting tangled, pretty much every physical interaction that would happen in the ring can happen in Round 4. I once saw a fighter duck under a punch only to have the other fighter's arm glance the top of his head. The ducking fighter's head reacted authentically, as did the arm. No clipping, no weirdness. It was great to see the genuine physicality coming through. Another instance involved the Philly Shell blocking style. One fighter threw a punch in between the arms of the other fighter and, sure enough, his arm got stuck for a split-second.

Along with the new physics, the team at EA Vancouver has also instilled some new control mechanics. Gone is the insane emphasis on landing ridiculously devastating haymakers. In fact, the way haymakers are thrown is no longer done with the right stick alone. Hooks, jabs, straights and uppercuts are all thrown the same way, but to land a haymaker you'll need to toss a hook while holding the right bumper. Hooks to the body are thrown by flicking the right stick to the left or right and straight and jabs to the body are done by holding the left trigger, same as in Round 3."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: IGN First Look @ Fight Night Round 4

Good Looks! gonna read now
Old 03-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

OMG. i can't believe how impatient i am. AFter reading that i need this game NOW!.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
OMG. i can't believe how impatient i am. AFter reading that i need this game NOW!.
All we need now is a full roster and I'm good!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »