Home

Snapping the Sports-Gamer Stereotypes

This is a discussion on Snapping the Sports-Gamer Stereotypes within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2009, 08:04 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 19
good article,
talking about sports gaming is foreign to 99% of my co-workers and outside world. Thats why I need my daily dose of Operation Sports.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:10 AM   #18
Rookie

StillFunkyB's Arena

OVR: 3
I'm an IT person, so pretty much everyone EXPECTS me to be a gamer.

Good article, thanks for the read!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #19
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Older folks just don't understand, they are a different Generation I tried to explain to my grandfather but he really doesn't understand, I think he thinks I'm watching and not manipulating the players on the screen.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 55
I think it's a particularly healthy, affordable hobby. I would have to waste far more money doing things that are considered common to many of my peers. The separating thing about sports games is that they are competitive. I see playing online matches being analogous to playing chess or another strategy game of some sort. You use similar principles and theories to succeed, and that's what we strive for.

Everyone sees the world just a bit different, and I've been a hard partier at one point on my life so I don't hold shame upon them. I also will not revert to that lifestyle ever again. I actually take weight training very seriously and aspire to compete on an amateur stage someday. Sounds pretty nerdy.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7
Ah yes. So true. Good article. I'm 29, I build elevators for a living. I get up at 5 am. every day and bust my ace at work. I go to the gym 4X a week and go through huge spurts of time where I play absolutely too much PS3. I am in one of those spurts right now with the Show. And I'm proud of it. Nothing wrong with it in my mind. Like some of you guys said before me, there are way worse things I could be doing with my time.
My best friend in the world tries to bust my balls about playing video games. But he uses his spare time watching shows geared towards 14 year old girls on MTV. So who's really the loser?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 11:49 PM   #22
MVP

lol,,,,,
Old 03-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #23
MVP

lol,,,,,
Old 03-15-2009, 04:43 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1
Man, this article was kind of nerdy and seemingly thrown together quickly, in the mode of a slacker. Thank goodness you work for a gaming web site.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »