Home

NCAA Football 10: Gameplay Camera Presentation Updates

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: Gameplay Camera Presentation Updates within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #17
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NCAA Football 10: Gameplay camera presentation updates

Screen passes and the defense of them still appear broken from the screenshots. Also, some of the defensive assignment and zone logic just looks pathetic and elementary. Then again we don't know what stage this is in... so I'll reserve judgment but judging by the past I'm preparing for disappointment in these areas yet again.

I personally don't like the new camera angles since they appear too drastically angled. A subtle angle shift in either direction from Shot #2 would have been just fine to see each sideline. I don't need to see the entire sideline at any point of a game as are shown in #1 and #3.

What further irritates me is that Greg at EA has said that there will probably be no option to change camera angles or disable the dynamic camera so we're stuck with whatever EA designs.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #18
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Screen passes and the defense of them still appear broken from the screenshots. Also, some of the defensive assignment and zone logic just looks pathetic and elementary. Then again we don't know what stage this is in... so I'll reserve judgment but judging by the past I'm preparing for disappointment in these areas yet again.

I personally don't like the new camera angles since they appear too drastically angled. A subtle angle shift in either direction from Shot #2 would have been just fine to see each sideline. I don't need to see the entire sideline at any point of a game as are shown in #1 and #3.

What further irritates me is that Greg at EA has said that there will probably be no option to change camera angles or disable the dynamic camera so we're stuck with whatever EA designs.
God knows the last thing you wanna look at is that God awful sidelines!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
This is a positive but not something I'm thrilled about. I feel as though this is putting band-aid on the issue. I feel as though the gameplay should be designed to encourage you to stay in the pocket. Making the icons transparent after dropping back so many yards should not be the answer. We shouldn't feel more safe outside the pocket than we should inside. That's been a fundamental issue in EA's football games.

Thanks for you suggestion on my sig.

Just an FYI, with Madden last year, this happened when you go back 15 yds. It did work when my son and I played Madden for the first time.

All- Pro settings, and he took the Titans with Young at QB. He thought he could pull off his old magic and run around with Young and just fire the ball. He tried going back and all of a sudden, he yells out, hey what happened to the letters.

I started laughing and I said, they took them out if you go back more than 15 yds. He stomped out of the room and said that's not fair.

It might help more than you think.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #20
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
God knows the last thing you wanna look at is that God awful sidelines!
Wait a min the sidelines dont look God awful! LOL

Still not interactive ,but not pukeishly dreadful!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Probably something you have to play with (game-in-hand I mean) to appreciate.

Two things alarm me slightly from the screenshots:

1) The battle in the trenches looks like the same ol', same ol'. I'm probably implying too much from just a couple of WIP screens, but I don't see anything that says there will be improved OL/DL interactions.

2) Say what you like, but I'm really thinking that refs will not be present this year again. Unless they're going to be touted as some feature, I don't foresee them being in the game this year.
Especially in that one picture where ALL 4 of the D-linemen are bearing down on the QB. How often does that happen in real life?

Anyway, the camera adjustments are ok. I just hope it's not overdone like Madden where you can't see your guy that well once he get's 20-30 yads up the field.

I hope they move the score overlay down a little more too. THeres about a good half inch it's taking up on the bottom for no reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

Again i said this in another thread, the WIP on the screen shots means work in progress. the screen shots are just showing what the new feature looks like. This is not the final version of the game.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #23
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
Again i said this in another thread, the WIP on the screen shots means work in progress. the screen shots are just showing what the new feature looks like. This is not the final version of the game.
This is a post from an EA dev last June 6th:

"The cut-off for development on NCAA09 was a few weeks ago. Both Sony and Microsoft have our game at the moment so we can be given the "OK" to release the game in stores."

This means the game has likely passed through QA and final build by early May. I'm assuming that means actual development was finished in April since you have to go to codelock at some point.

It is March now and they are inviting community leaders out to get feedback on the game. How far from the final product do you really think they are?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
This is a post from an EA dev last June 6th:

"The cut-off for development on NCAA09 was a few weeks ago. Both Sony and Microsoft have our game at tha
It is March now and they are inviting community leaders out to get feedback on the game. How far from the final product do you really think they are?
yes but these pics they are giving us could be from the beta game.you can tell that its from the beta game , because if this was the real pics it wouldn have WIP imprinted on the screenies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »