Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Patch #2 Details

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Patch #2 Details within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: patch #2 details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Who are these "legit gamers" and what makes them legit?

I'm not going to argue whether the game is a 6, 7, 8 or 9, but someones decision to purchase a game probably isn't going to impact anothers view of that game.

Many of the reasons this game was scored so badly and people refused to buy initially was mostly because of these glaring issues. If they are fixed, which would obviously improve the game, obviously scores would go up (actual scores may not change as many do not re-review games), but the consensus of the game would change and maybe these "legit gamers" would then purchase the game since it is now improved.

Personally, I hope the reviews do not change (at least the published ones). The way I see it is if scores and reviews are important to the development team, then this should be a lesson learned that their initial product needs to be of higher quality and that a patch should only be necesssary for minor tweaks and updates and not to "finish" an incomplete game.
Legit gamer, like myself, is one who plays a quality sports title. One who doesn't hope for the best, spend my $60 and then flush my standards down the toilet in hopes of patches to "fix" this possible 9 rated game.

If a game has been released and is in need of two patches within it's first two weeks, there IS NO WAY it can ever reach a rating above 7. F- that. I won't buy the game, cuz at the end of the day 2k doesn't measure their success by the quality of the game they put out, but the numbers it moved. If I sell myself short and support a ****ty game, like folks here are doing, then I can't complain when they put this crap out next year, like they've been doing so with EVERY title.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac55
Well said man!!! If they fix the game in these regards, it will be a solid experience. Very happy to see the outfield fixed. Hope it means I can see more nice snags at the wall by the CPU etc.
Hope.

So much hope. That's what 2k leaves people with.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahJay561
Legit gamer, like myself, is one who plays a quality sports title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #13
Rookie

tmac55's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahJay561
Hope.

So much hope. That's what 2k leaves people with.
Can you stop trolling in this thread and crawl back under your bridge... Honestly, if they patch this right now, the game will be solid and will not need a patch for a while.

If every legit gamer was like you and was so closed minded, it's a wonder any sports company sells games period. Video games are not real life and hence will never be perfect. To each their own but your little rant proves nothing about you being a legit gamer. I think you have a long way to go before you come into that category. Gamers appreciate a company's efforts and they acknowledge when a company makes the effort to listen to their community. For a first year effort from VC, these patches will go a long way.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 2

first off Joe...that is the scariest smiley I have ever seen. Seriously that thing is "legit" scary.

To the other "Legit" one...

Shut Up
Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm thrilled with the patch fixes.

I thought MLB 2K8 was a C or C-. Right now, I give MLB 2K9 a B or B-. That's already a letter grade improvement. If everything in the patch works, as advertised, I'd be willing to give it a B or B+.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 21

Have they hinted at any timeframe for the patch to be released for the 360 and the pc?

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »