Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Patch #2 Details

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Patch #2 Details within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2009, 10:46 AM   #17
MVP

Santino's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: patch #2 details

2 weeks.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #18
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

2 more weeks?? UGhhhh.....

I guess it's better than getting nothing.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #19
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahJay561
Legit gamer, like myself, is one who plays a quality sports title. One who doesn't hope for the best, spend my $60 and then flush my standards down the toilet in hopes of patches to "fix" this possible 9 rated game.
Self proclaimed "Legit Gamer"...gotta love it. I never considered whether my gaming standards made be a legitimate or unligitimate gamer...I'll have to give this some thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahJay561
I won't buy the game, cuz at the end of the day 2k doesn't measure their success by the quality of the game they put out, but the numbers it moved.
To a point, this is how all publicly held companies view their games, but that is a whole different topic...

Well there has to be some concern over quality as they are fixing the game...right? Otherwise, why bother? Take the money and run. I'm sure if it was up to them, they would have taken another month to release the game, but they had a concrete release date per the MLB that they obviously couldn't fully meet, so they did the next best thing and made it up to everyone by owning up (not publicly per se, but by their actions) to their mistakes and fixing the game within hopefully less than a month of release and hopefully before opening day. Not the ideal situation obviously, but definitely making the best of a bad one.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 13

Two weeks will put its release pretty much a year to the day of MLB 2K8's patch. It's going to feel like a long wait, though!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I'm sure if it was up to them, they would have taken another month to release the game, but they had a concrete release date per the MLB that they obviously couldn't fully meet, so they did the next best thing and made it up to everyone by owning up (not publicly per se, but by their actions) to their mistakes and fixing the game within hopefully less than a month of release and hopefully before opening day. Not the ideal situation obviously, but definitely making the best of a bad one.
This is a great post. Visual Concepts had a release date it was mandated to hit. In some respects, it didn't have a choice but to release 2K9 with a handful of bugs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 9

So basically, this game is the illegitimate offspring of a company that struggles to be legit.

I guess they really are too legit to quit.

By the way, those asterisks are still going to get you a notification. Under the new rules, those are still legitimate swear words. Might as well type the whole word and make it legit.

syf
Old 03-20-2009, 11:27 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
This is a great post. Visual Concepts had a release date it was mandated to hit. In some respects, it didn't have a choice but to release 2K9 with a handful of bugs.
Yes, I am sure there are deadlines. I just wish sports games came out every 2 years with a roster update and small patch every year for $20. That way they would have time to iron this stuff out.

However, I also feel that the programmers and QC may not always be in tune with what people want. ANd it takes public outcry for them to change or patch things. This is not limited to 2k. So even a 2 year cycle may not produce a game that hard core players want.

I would love to see statistics on the sales of the show and how many people bought a Ps3 just for the show. I haven't played the game, but everyone says it is the most sim sports game out there. If its truly selling a ton of copies and selling the PS3 system as well, it would seem like the other sports titles would follow suit and cater to the sim player.

The main issue I will have with 2k baseball post patch if everything holds true is that pitching doesn't really take attributes into effect as far as throwing balls and strikes. Almost every pitcher can have pinpoint accuracy even at the hardest settings with difficulty maxed. All they would need to do is have arcade button on/off much like auto FT shooting in Coolege Hoops. You can either shoot with timing of release or you can make it so making a ft depends on the players attributes. If they did that the game may be a 9 plus if they deliver on everything else.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac55
Can you stop trolling in this thread and crawl back under your bridge... Honestly, if they patch this right now, the game will be solid and will not need a patch for a while.

If every legit gamer was like you and was so closed minded, it's a wonder any sports company sells games period. Video games are not real life and hence will never be perfect. To each their own but your little rant proves nothing about you being a legit gamer. I think you have a long way to go before you come into that category. Gamers appreciate a company's efforts and they acknowledge when a company makes the effort to listen to their community. For a first year effort from VC, these patches will go a long way.
A legit gamer takes what he has and works with it with sliders and such!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »