Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: The New Franchise Blog!!!!!!!

very good, informative blog and I loved how Moore said that they are focusing on creating a great base.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

*Pre-orders Madden 2010*

Thanks guys.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #11
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

(Waits for the shock and disappointment of the "inpatients" who were eagerly ancticipating something major)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

Very underwhelming. They posted things that absolutely had to be fixed in the first place, and didn't mention anything about elements we were all looking forward to.

Repeat of 09 this year in franchise. Polish what's already in there and skip over new additions.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Excellent info, but I do have a slight worry over one aspect of the progression.

I don't want guys to regress quickly just because they reach a certain age. Look at guys like Driver and Tiki Barber who had their best seasons near the end of their careers (Driver is 34 and still going strong) so I hope there are guys that never progress much early in their career but suddenly reach a point in their career where they seem to actually "understand" the aspects of the game and have their best years.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #14
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

"The “potential” rating is another sort of ‘hidden’ addition that we are changing up this year to impact progression (and Franchise mode overall). Every player in the game has a potential rating that he cannot exceed (a la NFL Head Coach 09). This year, we’re actually exposing that rating so you’ll have an idea why your player is not progressing - typically a situation where his potential is maxed out. Exposing this rating also help quite a bit in making personnel decisions when contracts are up. One key detail here is that you’ll only see potential for players on your own team. CPU player potentials will be hidden."

I know a lot of people wanted to see this make it into madden.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #15
Pro

br329's Arena

OVR: 9

Sounds great! The Progression stuff is really going to make an impact this year. And I find it interesting they added busts into the game. I'm really getting excited for Madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

i think everyone needs to remember that right now these are the minor improvements. Franchise is a major feature in madden and now isn't the time to announce major improvements within the game mode. So i wouldnt expect anything major until later. I hope anyways...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »