Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The New Franchise Blog!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
Very underwhelming. They posted things that absolutely had to be fixed in the first place, and didn't mention anything about elements we were all looking forward to.

Repeat of 09 this year in franchise. Polish what's already in there and skip over new additions.
Sorry, the big guns haven't been announced, yet.

It's all in my sig.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 16

That was a good read. Whoever was in charge of assembling this team of devs for Madden NFL 10 - kudos to you.

Passion sells.

-SeventhWard
Old 04-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 13

I loved it, and I agree they need a good base first.

Only thing I didnt really like was hearing about the progression. It said when a player does well, he can go up to 10 points higher. Well, thats been a problem in the past, for SB teams for instance, when the entire starting roster makes ridiculous improvements.

Plus, they said about "RBs going downhill at warp speed" once they turn 30. I agree there should be regression, but I think it should vary from player to player. There are some RBs that still play well at 30, 31.

Not saying the system will be broken, just didnt love how it sounded.

Also, I really hope they change it so that players at all positions dont retire at the same age.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

As far as the potential ratings go, I think it would be nice if you hired a new coach (like a Rex Ryan or Todd Haley) and when they join your staff you should be able to see the potential ratings of the players those guys used to work with. Like we should be able to see the Ravens defensive personnel and the Card's offense potential ratings. Not the exact rating, just let's say have the rating 5 points off either way...
Old 04-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #21
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

If EA nails the basics this year, I will be thrilled. They don't need to have a wide variety of gimmicks like relocation and changing concession prices to make Franchise fun again for me.

It looks like they're on the right track, great blog.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #22
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
Very underwhelming. They posted things that absolutely had to be fixed in the first place, and didn't mention anything about elements we were all looking forward to.

Repeat of 09 this year in franchise. Polish what's already in there and skip over new additions.
What?? What are you talking about? Did you read the same blog I did? They're basically reworking everything. This was just the beginning. Did you see this?

Quote:
Next time I’ll talk about trade logic, hall of fame logic, regular season free agency, salary cap tuning, coach boosts and tons of other franchise stuff.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 4

I like the little bits of info they did give us. From now until August is quite a bit time so they may have alot more information for us, considering there will be a few franchise blogs up until than
Old 04-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

"One nice addition that we were able to take from Head Coach was how we handle the rookies in the Draft. We now create every rookie by hand, just like you saw in NFL Head Coach ’09. You might even see a few famous rookies make a re-appearance from those drafts."

Jack English FTW
As someone who only plays franchise this blog excites me very much. I will now be pre ordering Madden 10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »