Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The New Franchise Blog!!!!!!!

Quote:
In addition, we also have the ability to determine where a player SHOULD be drafted and what his potential is. So we can create busts and sleepers just using those systems. Drafting a player in the top 10 will no longer guarantee that he is a great player in Madden NFL 10. Unless you do some scouting (like the real teams do), you might just pick up this year’s Vernon Gholston. On the flip side, you might also find the next Tom Brady or Marques Colston in later rounds. One piece of advice…don’t be enamored with workout warriors. Running a 4.2 forty or benching a small concrete block does not automatically make you a good football player.
The big thing we’re working on as we speak is the Draft logic. I promise you…you will not see the Colts take a QB in the first round and then in the 3rd, 5th, etc. These type of logic tweaks are happening across the board and the draft is no different.

prob Andys favorite part

only things Andy didn't like, the "if a team can't afford a player, he'll become a FA.. teams should restructure/cut others to keep certain players and not knowing computer players potential.. Teams in real life know about players potential on other teams, and it could be huge factor in a trade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
I loved it, and I agree they need a good base first.

Only thing I didnt really like was hearing about the progression. It said when a player does well, he can go up to 10 points higher. Well, thats been a problem in the past, for SB teams for instance, when the entire starting roster makes ridiculous improvements.

Plus, they said about "RBs going downhill at warp speed" once they turn 30. I agree there should be regression, but I think it should vary from player to player. There are some RBs that still play well at 30, 31.

Not saying the system will be broken, just didnt love how it sounded.

Also, I really hope they change it so that players at all positions dont retire at the same age.
Not many..
Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
i think everyone needs to remember that right now these are the minor improvements. Franchise is a major feature in madden and now isn't the time to announce major improvements within the game mode. So i wouldnt expect anything major until later. I hope anyways...
I think that varies from person to person.

I think the offseason and draft logic is probably one of the biggest improvements they could make for franchise. It remains to be seen if their idea of "fixed" and mine are the same, but thats one of the biggest improvements I was hoping to hear.

Still hoping to hear more, but its sounding awesome thus far.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #28
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_78
Excellent info, but I do have a slight worry over one aspect of the progression.

I don't want guys to regress quickly just because they reach a certain age. Look at guys like Driver and Tiki Barber who had their best seasons near the end of their careers (Driver is 34 and still going strong) so I hope there are guys that never progress much early in their career but suddenly reach a point in their career where they seem to actually "understand" the aspects of the game and have their best years.
Yeah. I'm a little worried about this myself. Hopefully this doesn't apply to everyone.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Also, I really hope they change it so that players at all positions dont retire at the same age.
Agreed. I hate seeing Kurt Warner and TO retiring after one season because they were 38 and 35 respectively.

I know someone else came up with the idea for a "passion" rating. That way you have guys like Favre playing 18 seasons and in contrast a Barry Sanders who couldn't stand playing for a losing team anymore and therefore lost a lot of "heart".
Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #30
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I liked what I read. I'll step aside now so some of the others can jump off the cliff.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Not many..

...Not many what?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 15

A solid start for this new Dev team.

Addressing the basics quite rightly and then going from there. Can't wait to see more Franchise information post draft but this is a very good first blog.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »