Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Adaptive AI

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Adaptive AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog:Adaptive AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Please tell me that was an 09 screenshot! Look at the top scroll: "End of game"(So why are they kicking off!!??)
Score: 100-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was 09 chill
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 23

Good news. Should improve online. Might make things like position substitution less cheesey.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 8

I like this too but wasn't this in madden 08 for the pc? I can run a few times to set up the play action...or run some great routes only once or twice before the cpu picks up on it.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Ian.

Best news yet. The absense of adaptive AI has killed the game for a long time now. It is something that is really needed to convey a real football game, as without it, there is no way to actually "trick" a defense. It will also really keep the game fresh if its done right.

Let me say that I am very glad to hear that none of the athletic abilities of the players will be boosted, just the recognition and awareness.

Now, since we have true adaptive AI, can you say TRICK PLAYS anyone? Pitch right a few times, then REVERSE!!!

My only fear is that it will work too well and not be dynamic enough to realize an overall pattern and focus to much on single plays. example: Guy runs dive, dive, dive, P/A pass, is that going to be wide open, or is there something I as a user can do to tell my defense to watch play action if i think it may be coming. It would be terrible if everyone really bit on it just because he ran PA 3 times in a row and I had to watch my entire defense get burnt if I know PA is coming. That would be very frustrating. Any thoughts?

Last edited by bison160; 04-10-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Some really cool things this blog pointed out.

1) Defensive changes are made based upon how successful the play(s) was.

- What this should mean is that, if the opponent is running the ball, but isn't gaining more than 2 yards or so a play, your defense will not "over-adjust" to stopping that play. You shouldn't get burned on Play Action just because they called 5 running plays in a row. Those runs will actually have to be successful.

2) The adjustments are based on the type of play, not the specific play.

- I think this is the best way to do it. If this works, it will cover the scenario in which they are actually running the same exact play. But it will also cover similar plays. As far as routes, looks likes slot cross won't be the money play it has been for years now. But it should still work 2 or 3 times a game. A FB dive might work once in a blue moon, but not every play.

3) The players get ratings adjustments to the "smart" ratings, like Play Recognition, Man Coverage, Zone Coverage (against that particular "route"). They don't get faster, hit harder, etc.

- This part will require the specific interactions to work a whole lot better than last year. Last year it didn't really matter if you had Champ Bailey vs. a low WR, that WR will still going to catch that out route in man 9 out of 10 times.

Questions:

1) Will this be tuned the same way for offense. For instance, if I stuff the running game will they start passing? If I call a lot of zone will they start calling screens or draws.

It looks like the style that I played offense last year (West Coast, Seattle playbook, lots of runs and passes out of the same set) will really pay off for me this year.

Awesome blog.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 35

Lol Detroit 100 New England 0
Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #31
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Best blog yet.

Kudos to Ian and his team, this was a long time coming.

PLEASE NEVER TAKE THIS OUT.

I will now STFU about this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

Finally, each game will finally feel different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »