Home

NHL 09 Predicts Boston Bruins Win the Stanley Cup

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Predicts Boston Bruins Win the Stanley Cup within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 09 Predicts Boston Bruins Win the Stanley Cup

Read the full press release, right here.

Quote:
"The Boston Bruins will win the Stanley Cup for the first time in 37 years, defeating original six rival Chicago Blackhawks in a six game series, according to the official EA SPORTS simulation of the 2009 NHL playoffs on the award-winning NHL 09 videogame.

Boston, led by shutdown defenseman Zdeno Chara, outmuscled the Blackhawks and received timely scoring from Conn Smythe Trophy winner Phil Kessel to capture its sixth Stanley Cup, and first since 1972. Kessel, playing on the Bruins top line with playoff leading scorer Marc Savard, delivered two overtime game-winners during the Finals. He finished with 14 goals in the playoffs, including five in the Finals.

The EA SPORTS simulation predicts Boston and Chicago will appear in the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time in 17 and 15 years, respectively. Boston last appeared in the Stanley Cup Finals in 1990, losing 4 games to 1 to the Edmonton Oilers. Chicago lost in four straight games to Pittsburgh in the 1992 Stanley Cup Finals."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
They have Chicago in the Finals? WOW!! This is definitely an interesting year in hockey.......
Old 04-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 09 Predicts Boston Bruins Win the Stanley Cup

That would be great for the sport, that's for sure, but as a Blackhawks fan and considering they would have to get through Detroit and or San Jose; I just don't see that happening.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Anything can happen in the NHL playoffs, but this sim just seems rediculous. Who knows though?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Can we get that playoff seeding to use in our own games?

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
The sim is pretty bad, I did one like a month ago for the whole season, start to finish, and it had Tampa Bay winning the cup, and Washington in last place for the entire league.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #7
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Can we get that playoff seeding to use in our own games?
I was just thinking along those lines... how did they sim the Playoffs? I wonder if they just set up the games in exhibition mode, or do they have a double-secret playoff mode in hiding? How incredibly sweet would it be if they had a downloadable playoff bracket similar to what was done for the March Madness b-ball game!?!

I'm just wishing out loud there, please don't take that the wrong way -- I have heard nothing of the sort from anyone.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I was just thinking along those lines... how did they sim the Playoffs? I wonder if they just set up the games in exhibition mode, or do they have a double-secret playoff mode in hiding? How incredibly sweet would it be if they had a downloadable playoff bracket similar to what was done for the March Madness b-ball game!?!

I'm just wishing out loud there, please don't take that the wrong way -- I have heard nothing of the sort from anyone.

That would be cool. I think if it were to come out though it would have been announced. Maybe next year. Good idea though I could see this thing becoming more common in sports games.

I would assume they just used exhibition to get the results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »