Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 to Arrive in Stores Bundled with Wii MotionPlus

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 to Arrive in Stores Bundled with Wii MotionPlus within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: TW10 for Wii News

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesrushdt
Apparently there's going to be a true 1:1 motion sensitive controller (called the Sixense) released by the end of the year for PC. It was already controlling TW08 earlier this year at the CES. The head of Sixense recently revealed that the company is working with Electronic Arts to have support for the controller built directly into upcoming EA games.
Yesrushdt,

I have seen the info, but I am skeptical about them working directly with EA. I hope you and the head of the company are correct, but I don't see this making the kind of splash that a console motion controller like the Wiimote would make because PC screens are typically much smaller and the space around PC's much more confining that that of HDTV's and entertainment areas of the home. Again, I hope I am wrong, but would love for my skepticism to be unfounded because if it does come to fruition, I will buy one to play TW PC on my 28" Viewsonic 1080p monitor....
Old 04-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing2022000
This is going to be a hard choice for me, do I go for the graphically strong PS3 version or do I go with the golf simulator version for the Wii? Decisions, decisions...
If you're really into video golf then I would get both, that's what I'm probably doing. The Wii version to me would be more of a party game you play with your buddies (although it would still be a blast playing alone, online I'm not so sure about since those friends codes are annoying and I don't know anybody else with a Wii who would play this with me) kinda like a TW version of Wii bowling. The PS3 version would get more of my online time and the tour mode will probably be more comprehensive. They are technically the same game but really 2 different kinds of enjoyment so I consider it 2 different games. It's like playing 2 FPS, same game but really different. I know it might be expensive to buy 2 console versions of one franchise but I've spent money on alot worse games.

My problem is with the UFC game coming out in a few weeks and Fight Night 4 on June 30 when the hell am I gonna find the time to play all these games all at once especially during the summer.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 04-22-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Yesrushdt,

I have seen the info, but I am skeptical about them working directly with EA. I hope you and the head of the company are correct, but I don't see this making the kind of splash that a console motion controller like the Wiimote would make because PC screens are typically much smaller and the space around PC's much more confining that that of HDTV's and entertainment areas of the home. Again, I hope I am wrong, but would love for my skepticism to be unfounded because if it does come to fruition, I will buy one to play TW PC on my 28" Viewsonic 1080p monitor....
Most of the plasma/LCD HDTVs out nowadays have HDMI and PC inputs. I'm sure there are many people like myself that have their PCs hooked up to a living room flat panel. I've been doing all of my PC gaming on a 50" HDTV for the last several years and love it.

Here's the guy from Sixense demoing the controller on a number of EA games. You probably saw it a couple months ago when I posted it at the Tiger forum.

http://videos.analog.com/?fr_story=7...4a4&rf=sitemap

Last edited by yesrushdt; 04-22-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #20
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Yes, but I am under NDA at this time....sorry.
You do know that I specifically bolded the part about a motion sensor for the ps3/360, right?

Also does your NDA keep you from saying whether or not the Wii version, with the motion sensor, plays very competitively and simulation-like as opposed to an easier version but just fun to play with? Basically the Wii has my ears perked (so does your possible comment about the other controllers but I will wait until your NDA is lifted to see if there is any news on that) because of the simulation aspect. I don't have a Wii but have always thought maybe the games were easier or dumbed down a little because of the demographic that plays it (no knock on anyone here but I am sure the demo is younger than ps3/360).
Old 04-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
1. You do know that I specifically bolded the part about a motion sensor for the ps3/360, right?

2. Also does your NDA keep you from saying whether or not the Wii version, with the motion sensor, plays very competitively and simulation-like as opposed to an easier version but just fun to play with? Basically the Wii has my ears perked (so does your possible comment about the other controllers but I will wait until your NDA is lifted to see if there is any news on that) because of the simulation aspect. I don't have a Wii but have always thought maybe the games were easier or dumbed down a little because of the demographic that plays it (no knock on anyone here but I am sure the demo is younger than ps3/360).
1. Yes. Still can't comment on it. However, I don't want you to get the impression that anything is imminent as far as a PS3 or 360 motion controller.

2. From the limited time I had with the game, the swing was incredible and gave the sense of a true Golf swing in many ways.it also appears they have given users a number of options to increase or decrease the swing challenge. One hour with the Wii version has pretty much convinced me to get a Wii just for TW10. I think it will be a nice diversion from the 360 version from a swing perspective. Hope it doesn't hurt my eyes, especially if I play the Wii version after the 360 version....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #22
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
1. Yes. Still can't comment on it. However, I don't want you to get the impression that anything is imminent as far as a PS3 or 360 motion controller.

2. From the limited time I had with the game, the swing was incredible and gave the sense of a true Golf swing in many ways.it also appears they have given users a number of options to increase or decrease the swing challenge. One hour with the Wii version has pretty much convinced me to get a Wii just for TW10. I think it will be a nice diversion from the 360 version from a swing perspective. Hope it doesn't hurt my eyes, especially if I play the Wii version after the 360 version....
Exactly the answers I was hoping for. No, I won't take you saying nothing as meaning anything because, well, how could I if you didn't say anything? I was just curious if you noticed the bold when you responded...kind of a clarification thing.

And as far as the Wii version, that sounds awesome. Very happy to hear that and I will most likely buy a Wii as well, just for TW10. I mean heck, I bought a ps3 JUST for the The Show so why not?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
And as far as the Wii version, that sounds awesome. Very happy to hear that and I will most likely buy a Wii as well, just for TW10. I mean heck, I bought a ps3 JUST for the The Show so why not?
You sound like me....boys who have to have their toys....
Old 04-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #24
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

My girlfriend bought a Wii and with this game I will actually turn it on for the first time in nearly a year.

Hopefully it still works

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »