Home

Madden NFL 10 Full Rookie Ratings File

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Full Rookie Ratings File within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: All Rookie Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Bench press really has very little relevance when discussing strength, especially discussing number of reps lifting 225 pounds. That is a matter of chest endurance, not strength.

Upper body strength would be much better shown by a one rep max in the bench press and really that is still only chest and a little of the shoulders. No one lift can even show all upperbody strength.

Also, more important than upper body strength for most positions is lower body strength.
Then how exactly did Donny Moore decide that Terrance Taylor is 78 str?

I'm curious. Did he have Taylor in for a private work out, which he then compared it to the private work out he had with Ricky-Jean Francois, where he then decided that Francois is indeed stronger than Taylor?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #18
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree, if you do 37 reps you should have a higher strength, but strength is a general term. Playing DT, you don't just use your arms. Lower body strength is MUCH more important. I don't care how much he benches if he gets pushed around due to having an average lower body strength. Bench reps is a good gauge, but it should in no way define someone's strength.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
Then how exactly did Donny Moore decide that Terrance Taylor is 78 str?

I'm curious. Did he have Taylor in for a private work out, which he then compared it to the private work out he had with Ricky-Jean Francois, where he then decided that Francois is indeed stronger than Taylor?
He mainly goes off of reports from scouts from a variety of websites as well as his impressions watching the guys play.

Obviously he can't get every player in for an individual workout and it would be unreasonable to think that he would. However this does not mean that he should go off of drills that have no relevance in the matter.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
He mainly goes off of reports from scouts from a variety of websites as well as his impressions watching the guys play.
Oh really?

Link me to any scout that says Chris ''Beanie'' Wells is stronger than Terrance Taylor.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
lol @ some of these ratings.

I'd like to know how Terrance Taylor gets a 78 str rating, when he benched 37 reps. And a guy like Connor Barwin is 76 str, when he benched 23 reps.

So, let me get this straight - Michael Oher, who isn't stronger than Taylor, gets a 95 str rating? Even Chris Beanie Wells is stronger than Terrance Taylor? Nitpicky, right? Well, maybe if the guy had 85 str, but we're talking about a 78 str rating, for one of the strongest DTs in the draft. Not the brightest guy in the world, by any means, but certainly worthy of a str rating above 78.

Wow.

I'd love the name of the person who does these ratings, so I can send him a quick email/PM.
If a player benches over 35reps they should be over a 93 in strength automatically. Loadholt did 24 reps and he has 94 strength. How?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #22
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

Quote:
Oh really?

Link me to any scout that says Chris ''Beanie'' Wells is stronger than Terrance Taylor.
Haha, OK. Link me to ANY scout that says Terrance Taylor is stronger than Wells. LOL Don't play a game of specifics, it's worthless.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #23
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImReady77
If a player benches over 35reps they should be over a 93 in strength automatically. Loadholt did 24 reps and he has 94 strength. How?
Read my earlier posts. Bench reps are just UPPER BODY STRENGTH. Strength in Madden accounts for upper AND lower. If Loadholt dominates his opponents with is strength, who cares if he only did 24 reps?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #24
Rookie

no he dominates with his size. how does madden account for lower body strength? There should be a lower body strength rating and a upper body strength rating.

Last edited by ImReady77; 04-26-2009 at 09:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »