Home

NCAA Football 10 Hands-Off First Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Hands-Off First Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
NCAA Football 10 Hands-Off First Impressions

Last week, I had a chance to sit down with EA Sports and view the current build of NCAA Football 10. I also got a walkthrough of some of the new aspects of the game.

Based upon the walkthrough, it seems like customization is the name of the game with NCAA Football 10. Sure, the developers also want to fix some of the issues NCAA 09 had and improve the game on the field, but the theme of customization still stuck out most to me.

NCAA Football 10 Hands-Off First Impression
Platform:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: NCAA Football 10 Hands-Off First Impressions

I like these

Quote:
QB accuracy has been adjusted to make it a bit harder to complete passes.

When rushing the passer, you will now use the right stick to try and get around your blocker rather than the triggers or right/left buttons.

Tons of new animations have been added. You will see wide receivers slip on the wet turf, defenders try and force a fumble and players fight for the ball.

Playbooks have been completely revamped again.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
The lack of the last few stadiums hurts. I wish they were in instead of an online trivia game and season showdown.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Well done! Thank you for the read! I'm very excited about the online capabilities with the created teams and the fact that we get the Team Builder a month early is just FANTASTIC!

The gameplay changes seem like just enough to really help the game out -- I hope the running animations were smoothed out as well.

So some questions:
1. How was the deep ball in the game? Easily defended or beaten? Does the secondary seem to be more proactive or just reactionary?

2. As mentioned above, how did the running in the open field look?

3. When you say created teams can be used in online quick play, does that mean ranked games included?

Thanks a lot!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
Honestly I didn't get to see enough of the game play Evan to make much of a determination one way or the other - as NCAA is still a work in progress.

With that said, if spotlighting works, with better pursuit angles (which I did see) and a bit lower qb accuracy you should be able to clamp down on the passing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

people are going to love the dynasty transfering from 09
Old 04-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 12
This is Very Exciting NEWS !
Old 04-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #8
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
Honestly I didn't get to see enough of the game play Evan to make much of a determination one way or the other - as NCAA is still a work in progress.

With that said, if spotlighting works, with better pursuit angles (which I did see) and a bit lower qb accuracy you should be able to clamp down on the passing game.

Thanks for the response! I actually think I got what I wanted from another interview on this forum. The developer said that in all game modes, including online, the awareness of a DB will be more important this year and overall speed has been tuned down a bit to make a 99 and a 93 overall in speed closer together. They also said that DB's will be more apt to get to the ball if the AI begins to notice a pattern.

I think this years game will be stellar and I can't wait to lose my entire summer and fall when it comes out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »