Home

Madden NFL 10: Updated Running Animation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Updated Running Animation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Ians Twitter: Possible updated running animation vid today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift9k
Honestly that looks MUCH better then 09. Much better. Now the key I think is to make the legs look like they are moving faster without making the player move much faster. I think it would be wise to start from the feet going from slower shorter movements to faster feet movement and that sprint size in the second vid ian posted as the sprint gets going.
Man that run was in 09 it's just improved, can you change the way he's swinging his left arm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #26
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

yea like the guy that posted the youtube vid said, the player's feet chrun a lot quicker when they are sprinting then they appear to do in the game.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

New one definitely looked more human. I think it is a definite improvement but i'd like to see different styles of running because you run differently when people are near you (ie maneuvering through your line or chopping your feet as you avoid the safety's finger tips) than if you're in the open field.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal31
Man that run was in 09 it's just improved, can you change the way he's swinging his left arm.
I was playing 09 last night and it seems much better. I was dealing with high knees all over the place. I agree though the left arm seems a tad too far from the rest of his body. Need to tighten that up a little bit.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #29
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

In the vid, is that running while sprinting, or normal locomotion (ie no sprint button depressed?)
Old 05-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

The first video looks like he's just running like others have said. When the player is sprinting he's knees should remain at the same height but his legs should be moving faster.

What is Dustin Keller's speed rating in Madden 10? I would like to see a fast runner like Chris Johnson with the new running animations.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #31
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
We're having some export problems today - the ball keeps showing up rotated 90 degrees in the guys hands. In the meantime, I can show one run style that was slightly adjusted by Simon...this one is still in progress but I figured people would like to see it and give feedback.

from easports on Vimeo.

Thoughts?

Also to compare, I uploaded the sprinter style (that no one seems to like)...this is the 09 version so hopefully I'll have a comparison video of the new one soon once we sort out Simon's export problems.

from easports on Vimeo.

That is awesome Ian, and definitely an improvement. That dive animation looks much better. The guys not jumping up, he's actually diving forward now.

The shoulder and arm movement look better as well, but the waist still looks stationary. Can you add more waist movement? It looks kind of awkard right now, like the waist isn't moving in tandem with the shoulder / arm / leg movements. As the right arm comes forward, and the right leg goes backwards, the waist needs to rotate backwards more to better align with the movement of the leg.

I think the feet could be just a bit wider apart when they land. If you watch the feet, they are litteraly less than 6 inches apart. Just running around the house (testing it out, yeah, I'm a geek), it looks like the width I'm seeing is like 12 to 20 inches between each foot. Far wider than what we are seeing in the animation. I think if they can add a little left + right movement to the legs that you'll find it makes the WR appear as if he is moving more into turns as well.

It's hard to tell from the front view alone, but it looks like the body may be tilted just a little too far forward.

Also, when you upload the final example, can you give us a front / back / side view? Can we get a normal game zoom for the back view? It's hard to see if the bobbing up and down were corrected with the close up front view.

Again, kudos on the new animation.

Last edited by Valdarez; 05-01-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

make it more like madden 04/05 running style. Their feet are moving pretty fast and that animation feel more real than anything ive seen in next gen madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »