Home

Peter Moore Interview: What's Going on with NASCAR? (VG247)

This is a discussion on Peter Moore Interview: What's Going on with NASCAR? (VG247) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Peter Moore Interview: What's Going on with NASCAR? (VG247)

VG247 has posted an interview with Peter Moore, President of EA Sports, as they discuss What's Going on with NASCAR?.

Quote:
VG247: "What's Going on with NASCAR?"

Peter: "Right now, we have shipped NASCAR Kart Racing. We’ve stated that we have no game in development, and that NASCAR and ourselves are in negotiations about where we go from here. And that’s about all that I can tell you.

We’ve actually done pretty well, if you follow the NPD, with Kart Racing. We finally figured out on the Wii, we have this combo – I don’t know if you’ve seen the game; I know NASCAR means zero over here – taking a kart racing view, different art style. The game’s selling much better than the plan. Not monstrous numbers, but good enough that we’re pleasantly surprised, and it’ll continue to sell. The thing we like about the Wii is that it’ll keep trucking along, and we finally got our ship-date right. The NASCAR season starts with Daytona in February, and we shipped it round there, so we’ll sell that thing all year, all NASCAR season long and into the Holidays."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Peter Moore Interview: What's Going on with NASCAR? (VG247)

I never have undestood who was the moron that decided to start selling Nascar games in June. That's would be like selling MLB or NHL games at the All Star point of the season, what's the point?
Old 05-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

NASCAR sales numbers are pretty bad. I don't think NASCAR has as huge a following as people think and of that even less are gamers. Proof of why a casual Wii game with NASCAR branding is doing better than the regular NASCAR games.

The NASCAR games that Papy was doing transcended the NASCAR fanbase and hooked in a 'sim' gamers as well. Gamers that might not follow NASCAR but still found a sim style game of this type enjoyable.

The NASCAR name itself isn't worth much tied to an average type racer...as EA has found out. Gaming fans of NASCAR are far and few between and your average joe PGR fan does not have an interest in a NASCAR branded game.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
Rookie

hbk_wess's Arena

OVR: 4
The NASCAR games followers have been dropping off since EA Sports bought the rights to it. NASCAR Racing 2003 Season had plenty of people online to join in not only just a pickup race but hundreds of leagues started turning up. And some still run today. I haven't owned an EA Sports NASCAR game since NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. It was just that good.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
I never have undestood who was the moron that decided to start selling Nascar games in June. That's would be like selling MLB or NHL games at the All Star point of the season, what's the point?
To be fair, June was a step in right direction as the old gen NASCAR games used to release in September.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
I haven't looked at the nascar kart yet but I think the kids will like it on the wii. just haven't had time to pick it up but once summer starts it should be pretty cool.

My big disappointment is no PC titles. I am a PC gamer and without any new games it has been hard. I've played rFactor and installed the nascar series mods but nothing ever seemed as integrated as NASCAR Racing 2003.

Because of the lack of nascar games I have started my own free online strategy sim. I'll put the url but I'm not spamming. I just actually gto tired of nobody creating a good solid game I took up the task The game is called NASRAC - North American Stockcar Racing Analytics Competition and can be found at http://nasrac.com

Minnelli
http://nasrac.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »