Home

Backbreaker to Release in July?

This is a discussion on Backbreaker to Release in July? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #25
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: Backbreaker July release...

Topics moved/merged.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #26
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
I can't wait for 2K fanboys to convert to Backbreaker and kiss NatralMotion's glutes. Me, I'll check it out. But, if Madden is gonna get scrutinized, then so is Backbreaker. Gonna be on it like a hawk on a pregnant flounder...
Old 05-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #27
Rookie

dal_hawk's Arena

OVR: 13
Thing I don't get is they have this new technology that is all about added realism in how tot he players move, tackle, run... yet they go with a football player design that is more similar to Blitz than any other simulation game I've seen.

I guess by simplifying the player design less of their smaller development team's time is burnt on making models realistic giving them more time to work on game play.

And about the mistake of not pressing the game early enough and it handicapping its chance for success... All Pro Football put much more than this has (yet way less than madden) and it still bombed.

But I think the longer EA holds exclusive rights, the more people will be willing to look for something that takes a different perspective. Having said that, it probably will still do horrible in sales.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Backbreaker to Release in July?

But this game really isn't that arcade. It looks a lot more sim than Madden or 2k IMO.

― Plato
Old 05-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
But this game really isn't that arcade. It looks a lot more sim than Madden or 2k IMO.
The jury is still out for that on Madden 10. Have you seen every presentation video/picture or gameplay with Madden 10? You can't compare apples to apples, yet.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #30
All Star

OVR: 35
I think that is also the release date for Duke Nukem Forever.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
You based that on a ten second video? You must be a goddamned genius. You must have an IQ of 110! 10 seconds of video and "it looks a lot more sim than Madden." Give me a ****in break. Not that I'm on the Madden bandwagon,but still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

lol Who here can honestly say with a straight face the Madden is sim? It represents no football at all. Sure it has passing, catching, and running, but the sad part is almost all of those are not even correct. The QB pass animations are horrendous and not one QB I know throws like that and they most certainly don't bend their knees when they throw. The running animations are the worst animations in the game. When you get fatigues you run slower and with less arm and leg movement. You don't run up and down and twitch in a weird way. You also hold the ball close to your body unless you are Adrian Peterson. The catching is horrible. Almost every Madden catch animation is exaggerated and is something you would see twice a season. No one rocket catches in real life. No one does a 360 to catch the ball, no one will run a route and magically turn when the ball is 3 yards away to catch it.

Going off all of that I would say Backbreaker is more sim than Madden. I haven't played Backbreaker so I have no solid proof, but you haven't played Madden 10, so you can't tell me M10 is more sim either.

But going from what I have seen and what I know about Natural Motion's products, this game will most certainly have a very realistic feel to it.

Thanks

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »